Part 19

I go up to my room, via the kitchen to pick up the book. I sit on the middle of my bed and rest the book in front of me. I open it and flick through the whole thing. The pages were blank. I sigh. Why would someone send me an empty book? I close the book and pick it up, turning it over in my hands. I run my fingers down the spine of the book, and feel an indentation. I run my fingers around and see that a square is able to be removed. I dig my fingernails in and am able to lever it out. Inside is a small compartment which holds a small bag. I pull the bag out and open it, tipping it out onto my bed. I gasp as a necklace and charm bracelet fall out. Holy shit! I pick up the necklace, which is a 3D gold crown with a diamond, a big one at that, in the middle. I put it down and pick up the charm bracelet. The charms on the bracelet include a wolf, a key, an infinity sign, a heart and a diamond ring. They both look expensive. I hear a knock on the door. I quickly shove the necklace and bracelet back into the bag and hide it under my pillow.

"Yes?" I call. My mom opens the door and enters.

"Can I sit and talk to you?" She asks. I smile and nod. She moves the book and sits down. A confused expression comes onto her face. She stands back up and picks up the square from the spine of the book, from where she was sat.

"Oh, that came off the book earlier by accident, I'll fix it later." I say taking it from her. She shrugs her shoulders and sits back down.

"So, did you find anything interesting?" She asks.

"No. The pages are all blank."

"Maybe you could use it as a diary." She suggests.

"Maybe." I reply. "Earlier, when we found the note in the package, why were you so upset?" I ask.

"I wasn't." She replies angrily.

"What do you want to talk to me about?" I ask, now annoyed.

"I just wanted to talk to you; you are my daughter after all." She says.

"No. You have an ulterior motive. What is it?" I ask.

"Fine, did you read the letter?" She asks.

"Of course I did."

"What did it say?"

"Nothing special, it was reminding someone of an engagement that they had made." I say lying.

"Don't lie to me, Trixie, I know when you are."

"Well, you must be off today as that's the truth." I say.

"Can I have a look at it, if it is?" My mom asks.

"Oh, I would give it to you, but I threw it away." I say smiling. She looks at me for a minute and then gets up.

"Oh, what a shame; I was just curious as to what it said." She says before walking out of the door. I sigh and rub my hands over my face. What is up with my mom today?

I decide to go and get the letter, before my mom finds it. I walk down the stairs and go and find my bag.

When I get back to my room I put the necklace and bracelet in the envelope with the letter, and decide to hide it in my hiding place, under the bit of wood I put in the bottom drawer of my bedside table, to make a secret compartment.

Here you go! The next update will be the day that Daniel finds out about Trixie being his mate, and the beginning of Heath's party. :) Trixie will also go dress shopping again, it should be longer. ;)

What do you think is up with Trixie's mom?

What did you think?

What do you think is going to happen next? How will Daniel react? :)

Thanks for reading, voting, commenting and sharing (if any of you do that ;))

CC ;)