Part 41

Hey guys! I know this is a long beginning (get ready) so if you don't want to read it, and just skip ahead to the part, that is perfectly fine! I get it! It's been too long already, but as a result, if you need a recap of what has happened so far in the story, I will be putting one at the end of this extremely long and unnecessary explanation! Thank you so much for sticking wit my book through the last (almost) three years.

It feels amazing to be back, and writing this book! I've had so much fun doing so over the last couple of days, and although it took me a while to get the inspiration back, I do have it now and have a plan for the next couple of parts. I was worried as it had been so long since I had been able to get back to is, that I would forget everything I wanted to do with it, but I'm glad to see that hasn't happened. It might not be exactly what I first thought, but I still really like it.  I really do apologise for not picking this book back up, sooner! It's nearly been three years. I really do love you all, and I'm so happy to be back! The reason I was gone for so long was that I was putting all of my energy and time into my second book for the published book Hades' Daughter - it has been 3 years since the first book was published so I felt the need to finish that book and get it ready for publishing. I am very pleased to say that it has now been completed and I am in the process of editing it, which is very easy to do while writing other books. As a result, I am able to pick all my other books back up, including this one, and once I get started on writing the third book for that series, it's not going to disrupt my schedule for Wattpad, as I will be scheduling that alongside everything else, and I don't have to rush to finish it.

Regarding the next update for this book, don't worry you don't have to wait another year for it. I have my other books that I have started again, but I hope that I am able to write the next part alongside them, and start a schedule of days - I don't have that schedule right now, but I will let you know in the next part what day you should expect parts for this book on. So, when will you get the next part? At the moment, I'm planning on getting it up for the 14th of October, so a week. I know I have said this before, and I apologise for not getting here sooner, but I promise that this time I will upkeep the promise, for my sake more than anything else, because I really love this book, and want to get back to writing it, as well as all my other books. I was meant to get his up 2 days ago, but I hadn't taken into account that I wasn't going to be able to get any writing done on one of those days. If you want to keep up to date with dates of updates, then you can follow me here, and you'll get a notification when I post an announcement with revised dates, if there are any!

Anyway, I've been talking too long, so now, you can get to the part! I really do want to thank you from the bottom of my heart for sticking with me, I was worried, coming back that everyone would have forgotten, or given up on my books! I can't thank you enough for staying with me!

I'll be giving a short recap, but you don't have to read it, and can skip ahead to where the part starts if you don't need it.

Trixie lived in a small town where she was really the only shifter, but that was before a pack of them moved in. She met her mate (Daniel), but he wasn't actually her mate, and the Luna Goddess feels silly for picking the wrong one. The right one is Heath, and they are now stuck with each other, but he was hiding a secret from her. A lot of things seemed to link to this secret - a book, which held a necklace and bracelet, that once was owned by the queen of the shifters many years ago. A man who ran her off the road, who upon a second meeting was linked to a bright flower. The flower in question had been left at different events - the ruined party that was going to be Heath accepting the royal title, and being locked in the school overnight. She has also been experiencing weird visions, of her being in different times, and meeting the Luna Goddess. The flower has caused trouble for Heath's title as well. He lost it (and has looked everywhere for it), but the Luna Goddess came to the rescue and said that he would be able to get it back. Trixie relayed this to Heath, and in return he opened up about the secret: that they were in fact the two wolves that started the shifter race, who are resurrected every lifetime, always destined to find each other. But with ever lifetime comes the people who are behind the flowers, to try and disrupt the resurrections. It never works.

Phew, that's all, I think. Let me know if I've missed anything, and I can always add it, or if you want to really catch up, you can always read the book again. I undertsand that it's been a long time since anything from me with this book, and this part may seem small as a result, but I actually struggled a bit with the inspiration for this book, and only got it toward the end of this part, and rather than putting off the part any longer, I wanted to get something up as promised, so here it is!

Enjoy!

Heath and I return to the living room, to find his parents, and the new addition of my parents, waiting for us. My dad looks to Heath's and I's conjoined hands, and although he smiles, I can tell he holds some anger below the surface. Tyler looks to Heath, and his eyes go curiously over his son next to me, and then to me, a smile on his lips.

"What's changed?" Is it that obvious that something's changed? I look over to Heath, and see that something has indeed changed. It's the way he's standing, I think, but even then it's something deeper. Spirit. He's got a spring in his step, his eyes look like he is constantly smiling, even if his lips aren't right at this moment, and the sight makes me happier as well. The feeling that surges through me makes sense, now I know what was going on with Heath. It's like I've not seen him like that for a long time, and now I have, my body can relax. I wonder if this change is from me or the title, but his hand in mine, squeezing tightly, makes me think it's from having me back. It's weird to think that "I'm back" because I only really remember my life as it is now - I was born, and don't have any memories. Someone has just said to me that I've had more than ten other lives, and I should be freaking out, but it makes sense. The memories, the flower, and everything else. It'd be a bit of a weird lie, anyway.

Not a lot in my life make sense - I don't make sense. I shouldn't exist, because who in their right mind is a shifter, but that has always made sense to me, because I knew I was, so what's the difference here?

"I can get my title back," Heath says. A fleeting thought of him actually being excited about the title more flies across my brain, but I quickly stomp that down. He's my mate. Heath steps closer to me, his thumb brushing over the back of my hand, and it hits home harder. It suddenly strikes me. Am I going to be able to tell anyone at all, that I lived before. Heath did say that there were people who were after us, so it makes sense that I'm not going to be allowed to tell anyone, but isn't that awfully lonely. Has Heath had to keep quiet about this all his life, with the knowledge that I'm out there somewhere? I push back into him, clutching his hand tighter. How was that for him to grow up knowing all about me, and knowing that I'm nowhere near him. Did he come and find me? Did I ever have to live without him, knowing he was out there somewhere? The thought hurts.

I look up to his beautiful eyes, and he looks down, almost as if reading my mind. Although I initiated the eye contact, I avert my gaze when it becomes too intense.I instead put my focus on Geraldine, curious about her reaction to the revelation of Heath being able to get his title back. On my way past everyone to her, I see faces of delight, some strained from my parents, while Tyler's is full on proud. When my eyes eventually fall onto Geraldine, she looks annoyed.

A smirk comes to my lips at the sight.

"How?" Tyler asks, his pride spilling out of him.

"A friend knew that the rule wasn't exactly strict. He just has to accept it soon," I say, sharing a knowing smile with Heath.

"Well, let's do it straight away then!" Tyler says clasping his hands, as he leaves the room, patting Heath on the shoulder. I nod after him, hoping for Heath to get the message to go with his father. He does, looking unsure for a moment, but I smile at him.

"We'll talk later. I have many lives to catch you up on," he whispers, pulling me into a hug, and placing a peck on my cheek. Geraldine grumpily leaves after them, and once we're alone and my parents go to say something, I cut them off.

"I think we should talk. You said that you would explain something after I've talk to Heath, well, I've talked to him. Explain." I leave out what we talked about, not knowing whether I trust them. On one hand they're my parents, and I know they'll always have my back, but on the other, I don't know if I'm allowed to tell anyone, and how they'll react.

Hope you liked it! If you didn't read the long explanation which I completely understand - the next part will be going up on the 14th.

What did you think?

What do you want to/think will happen next?

Thanks for reading, voting, commenting, sharing and following!

CC ;)