Part 35

The rest of the day goes by, and I'm dreading my detention tonight. I've been trying to decide if I should go or not. I don't really want to attend any more detentions, after today, so I've decided that I will and try to get out before the moon rises. If I don't, I don't know what I'll do.

Finally school ends, and I make my way to detention. Tamara catches up to me.

"Where are you going? I thought we could wait for the moon together." She asks.

"Detention." I tell her simply.

"You can't go! The moon is due to rise in just under an hour."

"Let's just hope that they let us go early. Be safe tonight." I whisper the last bit, as I hug her.

"You too. Bye." She responds before pulling back, and half jogging out of the building. I sigh and enter the classroom. I ignore all the students as I walk to the closest seat to the door and fall down into it, after passing the slip to the teacher. I rest my head on my hands and stare down the clock, willing it to go faster. Every minute feels like an eternity, and with every eternity I can feel my animal prowling around excited to have free rein of us.

My phone vibrates on the desk. I look down at it, and see that my mom and dad are wondering where I am. I type out a reply to them discreetly.

"Miss Richardson." The teacher calls. I lift my head up, and give her an innocent smile. She reaches her hand out, palm facing upwards.

"Phone please." She commands. I groan quickly hitting send, before locking it, and handing it to her. She puts it down on her desk.

"You can have it back at the end of detention." She tells me. I roll my eyes and go back to watching the clock.

*^*^*

It's getting to a point where I can feel the moon starting to rise. I silently plead with my wolf, to hold off from shifting for as long as possible, hoping to get out of here before she does. The minute hand is creeping closer to the end of detention on the clock. I look down at the teacher praying she will let us go early. Someone must be listening to my prayers, because a minute later she sighs, looking down at her watch.

"Alright, you can all go." She announces. I hold back from cheering and jump out of my chair, and almost run to her desk, to collect my phone. She looks up at me.

"Can I have my phone?" I rush. She looks past me and says goodbye to all the students who are leaving. I widen my eyes at her, why is she ignoring me? Once all the students have left she turns back to me.

"Here is your phone." She says holding it out. I grab it thanking her quickly, before I run out of the classroom. I am halfway down the corridor when my evil bladder tells me to get to the closest bathroom. I sigh, looking out the doors. I have enough time; I can just see the moon. I avert my course and push the door open to the closest bathroom.

After relieving myself, I unlock the stall door. I go to the sink and wash my hands. I dry them on my pants as I walk to the door. I pull the handle, but am met with an unmoving door. I groan, and try pushing it, still getting nothing. I try pulling it again, but it's no use. I slam my hand on the door repeatedly, shouting to see if anyone is passing in the corridor. When I get no response I step back from the door, bringing my hand to my forehead, judging what to do.

I drop my bag, and close my eyes. I bring my leg up, putting my extra strength behind it, and kick the door. I hear a clatter and a loud thud. I open my eyes and see the door is on the floor across the corridor. I pick my bag back up, and return to making my way out of the building. At this point, I don't care about the door; I just care about getting out of here. I run to the exit, feeling relief flood me when I see the trees and the moon resting on top of them. I push on the door, only to burn my hand, without helping the door open.