Two

Everyone is enjoying the party, everyone except me.

Sam's blue eyes smolder mine, "You really can't take a hint can you?" What more does he want me to do? Punch him.

"I would like to make a wager," obviously he can't, "I want to have an arm wrestling contest," he smiles at me and I notice that right under his lip he has a dimple. Dimples is a weakness of mine but with him not so much. "If I win you get to dance with me all night long or at least until I get tired."

He assumes I'm weak since I'm a girl. If I was a male he would have asked for a real fight. One where one of us would come out bloody and beaten. That's fine I will play his game.

"And if I win you leave me alone," crossing my arms I wait for his response he sighs and nods. "Not just tonight but every night."

Sam rolls his eyes but there is a shadow of a smirk on his lips. He thinks that he has this in the bag.

"Deal," we shake on it. He pushes aside the plates with food making room. "Ladies first," he gestures for me to get into position.

"I'm waiting," I snap at Sam and he laughs.

"Ouch," he dramatically clutches his chest. I fight the urge to punch him in the smug look off of his face.

Sam and I position ourselves across from each other on our knees.

"What's going on here?" An unknown boy peeks over Sam to see. "Dude, go easy on her!" His brown eyes take in what we are doing. He seems concerned for my safety.

"Don't worry I will," I beat Sam to the punch. Sam laughs at my comeback and inhales deeply.

"Hey dudes look what we have over here," the guy yells behind him.

Great, people are going to be making their way over here now.

"Hurry up! I want to get this over with." Sam's elbow is on the table and I copy his movements. My small hand press against his as he hooks our thumbs together.

"One," someone from the crowd around us yells, "two." Sam gives my hand a squeeze, "three." I tighten my hold on his, "go!"

We both grip each other's hands tighter but Sam's face widens up in shock. He pushes his arm to the side but it won't budge. With my elbow planted firmly on the table, I smirk at Sam, "Don't go easy on me now."

There is a loud howl of laughter as Sam's upper lip and forehead start to be covered with perspiration. Sam grunts as his teeth grind together and he gives one last hard push.

"Are you done?" He shakes his head, "I think you are," without much effort I push his arm to the side and his knuckles hit the table - hard.

"Shut up," Sam glares at me. For a moment it seems as if he forgot who he challenged because his eyes go to me and then he looks around, "How?"

"The girl beat him," a guy yells and suddenly the crowd seems to double the size in a matter of seconds.

I give him my hand, "That was a good arm wrestling technique you had," I say trying to be nice.

"You cheated," Sam starts and I roll my eyes. Sam gets to his feet and I do the same. Sure he might tower over me but I don't care.

"Be a good sport," I say giving him my hand once again and this time he doesn't reject me. His hand wraps around mine and he gives me a hard solid shake. "Thank you!"

Sam's grip tightens when I try to pull my hand away, "Now you be a good sport."

What?

He does not give me enough time to react. Sam pulls me closer to him, What is he doing? His head goes lower as his lips connect with mine.