Eleven

**Marcus' POV**

Anticipation fills me as I want to hurry to her. I cannot get enough of her, she is like a breath of fresh air.

"Marcus," my body stops at the edge of the forest. I am just about to run to the clearing when someone stops me.

Melany must be worried, I am late to meet her.

Dr. Graham kept me later than usual when two small kids came into the infirmary with high fevers.

"What?" I nearly snap but when I see who it is I calm down. "Andrew."

"Do you know where Mel is?" I don't want to be interrupted but there is a look on his face that makes me want to ask him why does he want to know.

Before I can say a word Andrew's head snaps to the side and he listens intently.

"The alpha wants us all to head home. Trouble is brewing in the forest."

"Trouble?" I question. What kind of trouble?

"Rouges. Alpha Blake is sending his Beta and Omega to get anyone out in the forest and send them back onto our turf."

"Rouges," my breath gets caught in my throat. "Melany is out there."

Panic surges through my veins as my heart hammers at my chest. Those vile creatures are out there.

She is out there all alone.

Andrew's eyes darken as he shifts and bolts to the trees.

I should do the same.

I should shift and go after Melany, find her and keep her safe.

Except I have a huge problem my wolf goes silent. I summon him with all my power and he does not surface.

I need you.

Silence.

We need you.

Nothing.

"Damn it," I run into the trees and head into the direction of the trees just as I start running a howl rips through the pack house and a moment later Alpha Blake is plowing through the trees.

I try my best to stay on his path but he is too fast. The trees whisk by as I stumble and push myself to get to my mate.

The ground descends as I make it to our spot. At the moment it is just my spot.

Melany is not here.

My eyes scan the area and there is a sign of a struggle at the other end of the clearing as I run to it.

The pushed up dirt is directed back to the pack house.

The claw marks on the dirt send my mind plummeting. There was a fight here. Someone was here and in trouble. The knot in my stomach makes me sick.

The marks are clearly heading back to Moonless territory.

Melany must have gone back.

Without hesitation, I follow the path back to the pack house. There are people out searching. Woman and children crying as I step out of the trees.

Faces invade my vision but none of them are of the girl I am searching for.

"Andrew," someone says and my eyes zero in on the direction of the branches snapping.

On the other side, Andrew walks out of the trees with Melany before him. She is wrapped in a blanket. Her beautiful face smeared with blood as tears run down her cheek.