Fifty Six ~Hunter~

Hunter's POV

It has been two days.

Two, and Alpha Storm is nowhere to be found.

There is an unsettling feeling about this.

I have been having a hard time here at the castle. It is harder when Melany is not around and the other alphas dates try to come onto me.

There has been two that try to corner to the restroom and one that tried to get handsy with me in the banquet table. They do not understand that Melany is the only one that I want to be with.

Melany and I are enjoying our time together at breakfast when I see some brunette's eyes take me in. When her eyes go to mine she does not look away but instead she smiles at me. Her lips move and she signals up with her finger and then she puts up three fingers.

She wants me to meet her on the third floor.

She's the fourth girl to do that. You need to do something before they jeopardize what you have with Melany.

I know.

I look over at Melany and Andrew has her attention at the moment. Andrew is saying something and from the smile on my beta's face I know it is funny. I laugh and Melany looks at me as if I finally lost my marbles.

You need to stop trying so hard.

My wolf is right. I have been laughing in front of Melany to hide my worry. Make her feel as if everything is okay.

"Let's go for a stroll.” Melany does not question my abruptness since I love to spend time alone with her.

Pushing my chair back it the screeching sound gives us more attention than I want on us.

The women eyes are like hawks zeroing down on their prey. I get out and grab the napkin on my lap and put it on my plate letting the waiters know that I am done and walk over to Melany. I offer her my hand and she takes it putting her napkin on her plate as well. I help her out and she releases my hand.

"Do you have a particular place you want to go?”

I grab her hand once again and run my thumb over her knuckles it something that calms me. Walking through the hall I know women look at me and I tend to ignore them but the brunette is burning holes at my skull. I look over at her and give her a small smile that is all she is getting from me.

“No. I just want to spend some alone time with you. Plus, I want to talk to you about something.” I look at Melany and I see that she does not have that gleam in her eyes that I love so much.

“And we need to be alone for this?” I nods and she swallows down and looks at me better. She then darts her eyes ahead. She is having an argument with her wolf from the looks of it.

We walk out the front door and towards the trees. I hold onto her hand as we walk into the surrounding trees I can feel myself tensing up from what I have in mind.

Should I even ask her?

You like her don't you?

Like? Like Melany.

My feelings towards Melany are much stronger than like but love does not seem to fulfill my feelings towards her there is no words to describe it.

She's your soulmate.

I stop and let go of her hand. My nervousness makes me scratch the back of my neck as I try to rummage through my mind and find the right words.

“Mel…I-” I run my fingers through my hair and I start biting my lip as if that can buy me more time.