Fifty One ~Storm~

Derek Storm's POV

Her silver eyes penetrate mine and there is nothing more but hate directed towards me. That is the vision I get every time I close my eyes. She is driving me insane and I just met her.

She's unmated and unmarked but her love is spoken for.

Shut up! I know that.

My body sinks further into my leather chair. My office is lit up by the fireplace set ablaze. The flickering shadows seem to calm me. There is hope for my darken soul.

Love has brought men back from the brink of insanity.

And rejection has sent them straight to insanity.

How do you know she would reject you? She is unmarked for a reason and she doesn't seem in a rush to get marked.

A small spark can ignite a flame and that flame starts with that redhead.

There is something about her that has intrigued me from the second my claws dug into that rogue's chest penetrating his flesh and letting me grab hold of his heart. All his recent memories come flooding into my mind.

The moonless pack Alpha's mate is torturing the crimson moon pack's Alpha and the beta of the moonless pack there as well unable to do anything.

The rogues are trying to get this alpha away from Moonless pack's alpha to save her.

Realization hits when she shows up and wants them both back. The rogue's anger towards their traitor, Marcus, is enough to send them over the edge.

The Moonless Pack came after them and this rogue ran as far and as fast as he could. He ran for two days straight until he crossed our path.

I rip his heart out as I watch the fear invade the rogue's eyes. His lifeless body drops to the ground and all I can think about is how much I want to meet this alpha.

The Moonlight Ball is the perfect place to do it but she came with that alpha the one the rogues wanted to kill, Alpha Hunter.

When I broke my mate bond I lost more than just my mate I lost my wolf as well and he was replaced with this sadistic and blood lust wolf. I was able to put my hand over anyone's heart and see their memories before I broke away from my mate and now I have to grip their heart and give it a squeeze for it to happen.

Anger swells in me and I let it consume me. Throwing back the last of my uncle's whiskey the liquor goes down quickly but the taste makes my eyes close tight. I take a breath and open up my eyes. I hold the glass towards the light, when a knock brings me out of my own trance.

"What is it?" I snap.

The door opens and Sam the Butler walks in. "Master," he bows his head he stands before my desk, "the Moonlight Ball was a success. Your entire guests are now in their rooms all except one."

Let me take a guess.

"Hunter," Sam nods his head.

"He is in Alpha Blake's room at her request."

"Thank you," I wave him off but he stands there looking at me.

"Is there more?" I snap.

"Miss. Britney is looking for you, sir."

"Is she now?"

Melany knows I am not pure so what the hell.

"Tell her to meet me in my room," Sam nods and walks out.