Twenty One

The sweet aroma fills my senses as I practically run back into the pack house. The smell of coffee and maple syrup fills my nostrils as Hunter and I walk into the dining area.

There is a table set aside for the children. They are laughing and eating enjoying some time unsupervised. Their parents know that they are safe at the pack house.

Anyone wanting to come in here and attack us has a death wish. This is the only place that the wolfs can lower their guard.

There are some pack members at the table. The place reserved for the alpha is empty and to the left is Andrew pushing his scramble eggs around with his fork. He does not look too happy.

Hunter grabs two plates and hands me one. He grabs four pancakes and stacks them on his plate then he scoops up some scrambled eggs onto his plate and lastly he grabs couple pieces of bacon. The food is set up as usual on a long table so that the pack can grab and go, like a buffet.

I grab a pancake and two pieces of bacon. Hunter stares at my plate and does not seem pleased. I grab the maple syrup and drench my pancake with it and he shrugs and walks to the beverage area.

Hunter starts making his coffee, he seems comfortable for being in a new territory. The other wolves give him a look but quickly turn away as I stand by him. I pour myself some orange juice. We then take our seats at the table I sit at the head of the table and Hunter sits in the omega's seat since I have yet to choose someone to fulfill that seat.

Andrew glares at his plate the second that Hunter sits across from him, he must not like him.

"Hey Andrew," I give him a small smile and his eyes snap up towards me as if he cannot believe that I was actually talking to him.

"Hello alpha," he retorts and then starts playing with his food once again.

What bug crawled up his butt? My wolf seethes at him.

"Beta," I nod and turn away from him. Hunter is stirring his coffee and I grab my fork and cut off a piece of my pancake.

"Is there any business that anyone wants to address to your alpha?" Hunter says as he takes a sip of his coffee.

My eyebrows shoot up and I look at the rest of the pack members at the table. They are all staring at me when I notice that my fork is half ways to my mouth I drop it and stare back at them.

I glare at Hunter. He is a visitor on my turf. A passerby. My pack now quietly stare at me as if to wait for some kind of announcement.

One of the elders clears their throats, "Alpha Blake," the word alpha and an elder directing it to me is weird, "what are we going to do about the young newly shifted wolves they are not getting any training."

Down to business, I guess.

I nervously straighten my fork and clear my throat but notice that it is dry so I take a sip of my orange juice, "My beta was trained by my father and I believe that he would be perfect to teach them." I know that I have not asked Andrew but he would be perfect for the job.

My eyes go to Andrew and he nods his head without looking at me keeping his eyes on his plate.

A woman that I remember being good friends with my father speaks, "Most of the pack is wondering why Alpha Hunter has made an appearance here?" I throw a glance over at Hunter and he looks at me telling me that he will answer that one.

"As you know I am also a fellow alpha, Alpha of the Crimson Moon Pack." He straightens up and his voice seems to go deeper as his alpha aura shines through. He has that dominance that comes with the status.