Thirty

My heart pounds in my throat at the image that replays in my mind.

He will be okay.

Hunter is a strong person.

He is an alpha for the love of God.

He has to be okay!

You need to run faster. That is all my wolf is thinking as the trees rush past us.

The growls and snarls break through the air as my body flies through the trees. My paws skid to a stop at a top of a hill.

Jonah stumbles behind me as we scour the scene before us.

The rogue pack is at the bottom of the hill. The disgusting eyes stalk my pack members. They are circling Hunter and his comrades.

Hunter is breathing hard from the looks of it. There is blood on his fur but he has locked eyes with another wolf.

Drake is in the middle of the circle hurt and whimpering. He moves around with his leg limping with every step. They hurt one of my own on my turf.

Mel, the pack is on their way. Andrew has gathered our pack and is coming towards us.

Great, let's show these mutts who they're messing with.

Jonah, let's go!

A growl erupts from a rogue and Jonah steps forward daring it to make a move.

I roll back my lips and growl at them drawing everyone's attention to me, the rogue's growl in unison. They know that they have two alphas before them. They know they might have been able to go after an alpha when they are outnumbered but not when two alphas are in the equation and especially not when my pack is on their way.

I lunge myself off the hill and land with a loud thump in the middle of my allies. Hunter's body heaves as he takes in air, I walk next to him and nudge him making sure he is okay.

His wolf turns to look at me and I swear he is smirking at me through his pain. He would try to make me feel better.

So these are the rogues causing problems.

My eyes scan the pack before us and they all seem ready to attack in a moment's notice. I step in front of Hunter and release a menacing growl letting them know that he is with me.

The stench that reaches my nostrils makes my eyes water, rogues are dirty and disgusting creatures.

Give us a minute.

Andrew and the pack are a few minutes away.

A lot can happen in a few minutes.

I know, I lost my father in a few minutes.

Hunter drops to the ground his breathing shallow.

Hunter!

One of the rogues takes advantage of the distraction.

She lunges at him, her gaze set on Hunter.

How dare she go after a man that is down, someone that cannot fight her back?

The biggest achievement for a rogue would be killing an alpha and taking over their pack. She snarls at him as she closes in on him. I am much faster than her. I run at her and my teeth sink into her neck and with a swift motion, I fling her back.

An animalistic yelp rips through her, my fangs dig deep into her flesh.

Her body hits the ground hard and she rolls into her pack. She whimpers in pain when she stops.