Twenty Two

**Hunter's POV**

My heart is racing and for a brief moment, I am unsure why. Is it from the short work out that her beta put me through or...?

There is something about this girl that I cannot put into words. She moves with the grace of a ballerina. When she is in her element it shows.

Melany pulls her hoodie over her head and carelessly throws it to the side. She stands before me in her bra and jeans.

Where is she going? My interest is piqued.

I stand there staring at a completely different girl than I was with this morning.

Melany starts sprinting further into the forest. Her legs swing in rhythm to her arms.

Her skin seems to radiate the sunlight back as she rushes away from me.

I run after her.

She is fast but I keep up. She stops and starts unbuttoning her jeans she is going to shift there is no question about it.

I pull off my shirt as well my wolf wants to know where she is going she turns to look at me.

"Let's see if our wolves get along," she smiles. The last time we were in wolf form I was trying to save her from that rogue that was tracking her.

Let's get to know all of Melany Blake.

When our kind gets along we become close but when we throw our wolves into the equation things can go down the toilet. If her wolf does not like mine that is the end of our alliance since she will not be able to trust my wolf.

Melany is naked before me and she glances back to see if I am following her lead. My wolf nudges me on so I undress as well. Melany gives me a small smile and then she lets her wolf take over. Her body trembles a bit and she lowers to the ground a bit as her body stretches and fur bursts through her entire body.

Her red wolf is beautiful with her grey eyes locking my gaze. I feel my breath escape me as my eyes blink a couple of times to make sure that she is real. This is the second time I have seen her but it is the first time that I actually get to see her without any danger around.

Even in her wolf form, Melany shines through. Her stormy eyes all her own as she holds my gaze.

I let my wolf take over as well she does not take her eyes off of me. I know that my wolf is a dusty tan color wolf with golden eyes. I have seen snow white wolves and I think that they look amazing I consider myself a dirty version of them.

Asshole! My wolf hates that I think that.

There is something about snow white wolves that catch my eyes. They seem so pure and majestic.

Once I am fully in wolf form Melany runs off showing me her speed. I run after her keeping up with her the whole time. My wolf closes in the small distance between us as our shoulders rub together. My wolf seems to like Melany's wolf now the question is if she likes mine. She nudges me playfully and growls.

My paws drum away at the ground and Melany is the one that is leading us. As she runs I notice that she seems very peaceful her eyes close for a moment her mind knowing exactly where she is going. Her fur brushes back as the wind rushes through her fur, her wolf looks content.

The time seems to fly by before I know it Melany is slowing her pace to a jog. I glance around and notice a river. Melany walks to it slowly and her head dips down and her tongues skim the top of the water. She calmly drinks as I stay back and watch her.

She has had to do a lot of growing up to do for a girl her age.

That she has.

Let's teach her how to have some fun.

I know exactly what my wolf plans to do and I do not completely agree with it but then again I do not stop him. He lays in the ground and Melany looks back at me our eyes meet for a second and then she turns away and keeps drinking.

She has no idea what's coming.

My wolf suddenly lunges at her sending us straight into the water. Melany's face goes in head first and I run into the deeper side. I look back and Melany is glaring at me her lips roll back baring her teeth and a growl escapes her.

Is she really mad?

I would say more like pissed.

Run for it!

Before I have a chance to run Melany is on her feet and runs at me tackling me from the side sending me right back into the water. She stares at me triumphantly and starts walking back to the riverbank.

You're not winning that easy!

My heart rate is through the roof as I jump out of the water and run at her. She thinks she has won this round not noticing my teeth closing in on her tail. My teeth clamp down not too hard but enough to get a grip on it.

Melany yelps and tries to shake me loose but she cannot I pull her back into the river and pull her down making her sit. She glares at me and I walk all around her lifting my legs high and bringing them down with a lot of force sending splashing water all over her.

She gets up this time I let her get out of the water I shake off the droplets and walk behind her. She is dripping wet and once I reach her I know what she is going to do before she does it.

Once I am close enough she shakes her fur sending all her droplets flying in my direction. Her wolfy grin makes me chuckle. I nudge her and look up the sky seems as if a storm is about to come crashing down on us.

As if on cue the thunder rumbles and Melany gives a small jerk back.

The big bad wolf isn't scared of thunder...is she?

Without warning, she runs back into the direction of the pack house. We race back but we do not beat the rain. It starts raining cats and dogs before we are halfway to the pack house.

We run faster and once we are close to the house Melany shifts back into her human form and I follow her lead she grabs her clothes and put them on as quickly as possible. Which turns out to be really hard since it is soaked through but we manage I cover my essentials putting on my jeans and Melany forces her way through her hoodie and jeans.

That was fun.

I had to agree with my wolf, I really enjoyed this.

Silence consumes us as Melany hurries to get out the storm.

Melany runs into the pack house and I take a last look at the ground and see that she left her bra behind. I grab it and run after her running inside the pack house.

Andrew is in front of Melany apparently asking her something when he stares at me impassively. His eyes take me in and then they land on the bra that I am holding and his eyes widen. His face scrunches up in unnamed emotion washes over him.

He must have told Melany something through their connection because her face reddens and the anger in her face is clear. Her hand whips across his face so fast that I did not see it coming and neither did he.

He must have crossed a line with her.

"Keep your thoughts to yourself next time," she shoves him to the side and runs up the stairs into her bedroom. She slams the door and I stare at Andrew with wide eyes.

What did he say?

My wolf is curious but I have to keep control this is between them and not us.

"Alpha," he snaps lowering his head and he walks past me. No matter how much hate he might have towards me he still knows that he needs to respect me.

"What just happen?" Andrew does not stop walking.

"Ask her!" With that, he is out of my sight but I can hear the back door open and then close he is out in the storm.