Thirty Five

It has been over a week.

Nine days to be exact.

It has been nine days where I could not sleep because my thoughts of Hunter invading every possible space in my mind making me miss him so much more.

The pain is numbed by the stress of leading a pack. Stress that I am not made for this but that there is a reason why I an still here.

Andrew is stuffing his face with a sandwich as I sit at the dining table waiting for him to finish so we can go out for a run.

Running is the only distraction that I have from Hunter since I let my wolf take over and she lets her animalistic senses take over.

"Stop staring at your phone." He says as he swallows down the remnants in his mouth. My eyes go back to him and I scowl.

"I am not staring at my phone I was just dozing off, okay!" I am looking at my phone like an idiot.

"Come on Red, it's Friday let's do something!" Andrew has been begging me to go out with him and the pack.

"What are you going to do?" I might consider his distraction.

"Let's go to the club! You love to dance." I do like to dance.

"I don't know." I sigh. I do not feeling like going out I just want to stay in. There is something unappealing about being surrounded by people at the moment.

You sound like a granny! We're going out and that's final.

Look at you all bossy!

Andrew takes another bite of his sandwich.

Well, you've been in meetings all week long and you never sleep. Are you turning into a vampire?

"Shut up!"

It's settled then we're going out!

Andrew insists that I look my best tonight. He wants me to get back into the swing of things.

I'm an alpha but I am still young. Work hard, play hard.

Even before the mess known as Marcus came into my life I was never one to dress up and go out. I am a casual and comfortable kind of girl.

Clothes fly out of my closet and once there is nothing left I turn to look at my bed. I have nothing to wear. My bed is piled high with clothes.

A black shirt sits high on the mountain. My fingers skim over it but my wolf rejects it.

Come on, live a little.

I don't know what else I can wear. All my clothes are for training or staying at home.

Mel, there is someone at the door for you!

Andrew's mind chimes in and I stare at my door.

Who?

Come down and see.

My heart beats hard against my chest as I practically run down the stairs. Andrew has the door wide open and there is a man standing there. He is holding a bouquet of red roses and two boxes.

"What's this?" I stare at the boxes and then turn to the man at my door.

"Are you Melany Blake?" The man says looking at me up and down.

"Yes."

"These are for you." He hands me the roses and then the boxes, "the gentleman already signed this delivery so have a nice day." The man walks away and I stare at as the door closes behind him.