Twenty Six

Even though all my sorrow and pain I still have questions. He is the only one with the answers. Marcus is the only person that can quiet the storm within me.

"Melany, you're seriously not considering going to see him. Are you?" He's been trying to make me consider all my options.

Hunter is standing at my bedroom door as a droplet escapes his hair and falls in front of him. He is fresh out of the shower wearing nothing but black sweats. His cut is healed and his eyes are smoldering mine. He is not happy that I am actually considering going.

I want to know why Marcus is back. He left me and now he is willingly coming onto my land there has to be a reason.

"Well-" I shrug and lift my legs and fold them underneath me as my bed sinks under my weight. Hunter has been upset with me since I told him about heading out to the woods to meet with my ex-mate.

Listen to reason, Melany.

My wolf completely agrees with Hunter. Why am I willing to let him hurt me again? I am just barely getting back into the rhythm of my everyday life.

"I'm going with you," his lips set in a stern line.

"Actually he wants to talk to me alone, therefore, the 'come alone' is implied." I put air quotes on the come alone part and he shakes his head sending droplets flying in every direction.

"I am your guest," he chimes in, "I am allowed to explore the forest."

He can be as playful as his wolf but his expression is far from playful.

Melany!

Andrew has been trying to pry himself into the conversation knowing well that something is going to happen.

Butt out!

What's happening?

Nothing, can you just stop!

I'll find out some way or another.

Andrew, nothing is going on.

"Is that him?" Hunter asks as he puts on his impassive face.

"Who?"

"Marcus!" Hunter walks closer to me. "You pathetic excuse for a man," he yells at me as I flinch back, away from him.

I groan and throw my body back into the mattress, "It's my annoying as hell beta!" I say and mind link Andrew so he can hear that.

Humph annoying, I'll show you annoying!

He ends our conversation and I know what he is doing. He is running back to the back house.

"God! You two I swear," I groan with exasperation. "Plus, mind link does not work that way. You can't yell at me and think that he will hear you."

"I know," he smiles at me but the smile does reach his eyes. "If I yell it at you," he shrugs, "You might have told him and God has nothing to do with this," he smirks at me and I roll over to my stomach and bury my face into my mattress.

The front door slams shut and I know who it is. Hunter rushes to the door as I sit up and I see a shocked Andrew as Hunter grabs his arm and shoves him into his bedroom closing the door behind him.

"Hey, what the hell Hunter?" I jump out of my bed and run after them my hand goes to the door handle but it is locked. My fist starts slamming against the door. "Andrew! Hunter! Open the door."

"I need to have a little talk with your beta!" Hunter's voice sounds smug.

"He is my beta and he answers to me. Andrew, open the door!"