Forty Seven

Andrew tries his best to keep the two alphas on his table distracted.

Hunter seems as if he cannot relax even if his life depended on it.

I try to pay attention to the people around me but when I feel his stare there is no fighting it anymore.

Our eyes are on each other once again. His attention is on me until a blonde haired girl walks to his side and wraps her arms around his waist. Her brown eyes go to me as they glare at me unhappily.

"She's his date? Wow!" Andrew says and I turn to look at him as Angie looks at him. Her jaw drop. "I mean she's pretty but she has nothing on you two." He tries to recover but I hear Angie growl angrily.

"Why doesn't he stick to his date instead?" Hunter seethes and sinks into his seat like a bored child.

"Because he is looking for his second mate," Angie shrugs as if it is nothing.

What is up with this girl?

"What do you mean a second mate," we all blurt out in unison. Angie looks at us as if we are crazy.

"Yes. His first mate turned out to be a slut or something, and when he found out he was next in line to be alpha he dumped her like yesterday's trash." Her lip turns down into a frown.

"Just like that," I ask, "breaking the mate bond isn't that easy. How do you know all of this?"

"I went to the bathroom where she was at," Angie's eyes go to the blonde and then she continues, "You know us, girls, once we hate someone we talk bad about her to anyone who listens. Some brunette told me she isn't even here with him but he doesn't want to come off as an ass at the Moonlight Ball and kick her out."

"Too late for that," I mutter.

"Speaking about the bathroom I still have to go," she tells Andrew.

"You just went!" He states and looks at her as if she has a bladder problem.

"Well things in there got a little too heated and I had to leave," she hisses at him.

"Heated," I ask and she nods.

"Ken seems to not be able to read the sign 'Woman' hanging in front of the door and I left before I witnessed more than I had too," she sighs.

"Ken is in the woman's bathroom?" Hunter looks irritated.

Angie nods.

Three minutes later Ken and Blondie number one come and sit at the table. Blondie is fixing her dress as she sits down. Hunter glares at Ken and he knows that he messed up. They must be linking each other because Ken lowers his head even more.

The waiter comes to our table once again. "Alphas' your seats are ready. Betas' we will come for you when it is your turn."

Hunter gets up and helps me out yet again he intertwines our fingers and we walk together to the dining hall behind the waiter.

There is a massively long table and of course at the head of the table is Derek with blondie to the side of him. There is two male behind him at a closer view they seem to be identical twins dark haired, black hollow eyes, and young looking wolves. They stand stiffly behind Derek their arms crossed behind their back as they take in everyone walking in. They must be his beta and omega.

Derek's presence can only be ignored for a few seconds as my eyes go to him. His eyes go to us and then to our hands. Hunter's grip tightens and I give him a gentle squeeze.

"You'll be sitting next to the alpha at his request." The waiter walks us up to Derek but makes no motion of helping me in. My name is written in calligraphy on a folded note atop the plate.