Eight

Marcus has been working with Dr. Graham for a month now. A month where she suffered from his presences but cannot ignore how good he is with the patients. He doesn't mind that she is not a fan of his but he is there to work. She is not the one that he wants to impress.

Dr. Graham has no complains as far as I am aware of. She cannot deny that he is a hard worker.

The way he does not squirm at the sight of blood being drawn, his calming demeanor when children are present and the fact that he has never failed to show up to her side when she needs him is evidence that he is trying.

"He might be annoying but he is good at his job." I heard Dr. Graham tell my father at the dining table.

My father smiles at her as they continue their conversation. I try to burn that image in my mind, my father hardly ever smiles.

Andrew and I decide that it is our turn to go into town and restock our fridge. It is the cook's job to do this but I decided that she needed a break and Andrew decided to join me.

Pushing the shopping cart down the dairy aisle I can hear Andrew sigh heavily. Gritting my teeth I dart my eyes to him and he rolls his eyes away from me as he slows his pace.

"What's the matter?" Pulling the cart to a stop I grab four gallons of milk.

"Nothing," Andrew sighs heavily. He leans against the glass staring at me as I place the milk in the cart.

"Then stop sighing like a toy deprived child and help me by getting another cart," I order and Andrew straightens up.

"Fine boss," he walks away as I push the almost full cart down the aisle.

The reason why I wanted to come to the supermarket was to get my mind off of everything. My father is pushing my training to another level. Marcus says that I put everyone before him. Sam asked if I could help him train, apparently he needs a challenge.

Everyone wants a piece of me and all I want is a break. A moment to myself. A moment to breathe.

Marcus found out that Andrew was coming and he made a snarky remark about me choosing Andrew over him. That did it for me - I snapped.

I do not know what is going on with me. I nearly chewed his head off before Andrew grabbed me and we left the pack house.

Andrew is a breath of fresh air. He does not force me to open up. Even when I almost attacked my mate Andrew did not push for answers.

Andrew made his way towards me with his cart already halfway full.

"I know we needed water, Midol, and chocolate." He smiles at me and I roll my eyes.

"Seriously," I hiss.

"Yeah," he nods, "the chocolate is for me."

He is such a child at times.

The cashier is not surprised by the amount of food we were buying. Seven dozen eggs, ten packs of bacon, a variety of meats, loaves bread, and many beverages.

On the car ride back home Andrew opens up his Snickers and takes a bite from it as caramel drizzles down his chin.

"Mmm," he moans, "this really hits the spot. Want some?"

"Are you seriously asking?" My eyes are on the road but I can see his smile.

He lifts the chocolate to my lips and I take a bite from it. This guy knows how to make my foul mood brighten up a bit.

Andrew pushes on the volume button blasting the radio all it would go.

Andrew uses his fist as an imaginary microphone.