Seventy One

His hard eyes stay on me then he clears his throat, "Alpha Blake," as he bows his head showing me respect. He better know whose turf he is on.

"Derek, what are you doing here?" I say rather coolly.

"My uncle invited me and I am his omega," a smile crosses my lips and I know that saying that angers him even with that fake smile.

"Calvin out ranks you," he nods and shrugs.

"That's how my uncle saw it fit so be it." He appears to try to cope with his uncle's decision.

"You're not here on some personal vendetta are you?" I question and see if he wants to answer me.

"If I were what makes you think I would tell you?" A growl erupts and he steps back. "I kid," he puts his hands up showing me he is not a threat.

"What do you want?" My tone is serious I am no mood to play around.

"Like I said I'm here by orders of the alpha and I am happy that I got to run into you."

"Why is that?" I cross my arms and stare at him.

"You're the only one that would understand." His statement does nothing to me, I deem myself a very understandable person in most cases.

That only means one thing, breaking the mating connection.

"What do you want?" I repeat and he smiles weakly.

He gestures for us to sit down and I sit back down at the table. "I think I'm losing my wolf," he sighs and falls back into my chair. "Are you and your wolf okay?"

"We've never been better. We are closer that before and she is happy at the moment."

Silver!

I couldn't agree more.

Her words make me smile at him broadly, "I don't understand then what the hell is happening to me." He sighs and I do not want to be seen as an áss but he needs to know the truth.

"Maybe just maybe your wolf wants some space from you. You know with everything you did your wolf feels it as well. You broke the mating bond for no reason. Your wolf is probably tired of the stupid shít you do."

Amen sister!

"Lord knows if I were your wolf I would despise you. Also, you treated everyone around you like peasants when you were alpha. Look at you now, you lost that as well."

The look of hurt on his face makes my heart tighten, "but you're alive and well. Change your ways and go out there and get your mate back. You can't just give up like that she's your other half. Fight for her and I bet your wolf will be by your side 100 percent."

He bites his lip contemplating this for a moment, "You think so?" I nod and he sighs, "Well here goes nothing." He stands up as I do.

"But you have to do this because you want to change not because you're losing your wolf. He knows when you're lying."

"I want to change and I know it's going to be a lot of work but I will do it."

"Good, now don't hurt her again because I will go after you." He grins and nods. Derek heads out but promises to be at the wedding.

Seems like everyone is settled in either they are at the pack house which we have expanded since the Moonlight Ball adding more rooms to accommodate our growing pack or at their families place.

The cook went all out for tonight's dinner which we had to set out outside for all of us to enjoy.

It appears that little Damon likes to be on Hunter's lap because during dinner Damon would not get off. It was sweet since Hunter did not seem to mind, he even let him pick out of his plate and I have learned Hunter hates having people pick at his food with their hands.

After dinner everyone stayed outside chatting and catching up. Hunter and I call it a night early and we head upstairs.

Angie fussed about how she would rather us sleep separated but Hunter would not have any of that. I shrug and let Hunter get on her bad side.

In the quiet space of my room I take a deep breath. Hunter wraps his arms around me and pulls me close to him. "I love you so much." He says as his breath fans across my neck.

"I love you so much that it hurts," I smile and he growls against my skin. He turns me around and his soft lips brush against mine.

"I would give my life for you," he breathes and a shiver runs through me because I know he is serious.

"As would I," his lips crash into mine his heated lips warm me up to me core as I wrap my arms around him. His hands rest on my back pressing me into him my body molding to his.

"I need you so much closer." He whispers to me and I cannot breathe for a moment.

That's true love. You can be beside him and it's still not close enough for him.

"We should get some rest tomorrow's the big day." I nod and we head into bed.

"Melany, how do you want your make up," I glare at Angie.

This morning she had Andrew and Ken come and drag Hunter out bed I seriously wanted to punch my best friend at the moment.

It was Angie's idea. She said that you two are lucky you even spent the night together.

Tell it to my face.

I rather not!

The makeup artist is in my room along with the hair dresser and Angie. To say my room is over populated would be an understatement.

Everyone is getting in each other's ways as they prepare me for today. My clammy hands keep twisting and untwisting my fingers as I feel my heart accelerate.

"What if I pass out?" I blurt out.

"Oh sweetie you're going to do fine." The makeup artist says and she turns to look at Angie, "the man walking down the aisle is strong, right?"

"The Alpha of Alpha I think it's a safe bet." Angie remarks.

The makeup artist eyes grow wide and she mouths wow. It feels like I have been sitting on the chair for hours when I finally hear.

"She's ready." I jump out of the chair and make everyone move away. I do not want to mess anything up. Not that I am conceited but just for the fact that I do not want to sit in the chair anymore.

My hair dresser helps me with my dress as Angie finishes up getting ready. I have not eaten all morning but I feel as if I might throw up.

Mathew walks in and his eyes gleam at me and he fights to smile.

"I swear if you make me ruin my makeup I will hurt you." He chuckles but I can still see the tears in his eyes.

"I'm just so happy for you. You make a beautiful bride," he remarks.

"Cue bride in five minutes," I hear someone say in the hallway.

Five minutes.

My anxiety must be showing because Mathew walks closer to me, "Don't worry I won't let you fall."

I was not even thinking about that.

Great! Now we're going to have two left feet.