Thirty Nine

Silence is deafening.

It is all-consuming.

My mind tries to link with Andrew for the hundredth time, but there is nothing.

If there is anything I would wish upon my worst enemy it would not be this. The feeling of helplessness and complete uselessness Hunter and Andrew have been gone for more than two hours and I cannot communicate with either one of them.

I called Hunter and Andrew's cell but there is no answer. At first, I tried calming myself but this has gone on for far too long. They would be back by now and since there is no news about them my insides churn and I feel sick to my stomach.

Zipping up my jacket I get out of the house I am done pacing. I am about to walk to the door when "Alpha!" Stops me in my tracks and I turn to come face to face with the cook.

"What?" I snap it is my agitation and worry that makes me lose it with her.

"We all know that something must have happened to Alpha Hunter and Andrew since none of us can get hold of Andrew and Alpha Hunter isn't with you." Her worried eyes speak volumes that I do not want to admit to myself.

The pack must find it weird that Andrew and Hunter are not with me so they know that something is wrong. I am never without one by my side.

I sigh and look over at her, "I can't get hold of them either."

"I ask an old friend of mine to come and maybe help you with this." She gestures for me to give a moment to elaborate.

An old friend? Why would she do that?

"Who is your friend?" What if they want more than I can offer?

"He's a tracker. He can tracks down anyone that you want to find that is his specialty. His name is Trent. He'll be here in a couple of minutes."

A tracker? Should I trust a complete stranger with finding Hunter and Andrew?

"Does he know that Hunter is an alpha and that Andrew is my beta?" I narrow my eyes at her. The cook shakes her head.

"I asked him that you're looking for two good friends of yours." An injured alpha is like a gold mine in these parts. If he wants to get his hands on Hunter he will have to go through me.

We need as much help as we can get. You don't know the first thing about tracking.

True.

"Thank you." She turns around and walks into the kitchen. Just then there is a knock at the door. I open it and there is a male in his early thirties standing there.

"Alpha Blake?" He looks at me unsure.

"That's me," I say sarcastically, everything seems to be hitting a nerve today.

"I'm Trent, the tracker, here at your service," he is tan with dark wavy brown hair and brown eyes.

"I am looking for two but most likely more people," I state remembering that Angie and Ken are with them but I have no idea of how to get hold of them.

"That's fine I need something to connect me to them." He looks at me and I stare back unsure of what he is asking, "I need something with their scent."

"Well, you can probably get Andrew's scent from the couch pillows since he seems to always be there and Hunter...I have his beanie."

I signal for him to give me a minute and I run upstairs and straight into my bedroom. Upon entering I see the second box that Hunter sent and I never opened. I grab it and open it up. There is a note on top and it reads: