Forty Five

Palm sweating my phone slips through my fingers. Part of me wants to call Hunter and tell him that I have a bad feeling about this. Andrew and Angie are excited about it and if I cancel I will have to feel their wrath.

The day of the Moonlight Ball has arrived and I am a nervous wreck.

Andrew informed me that it is a week-long event. A week, what the hell?

Picking up my phone I toss it onto the bed. I tend to procrastinate things that I do not want to do. At the moment it would be packing. My room is covered in clothes that I cannot see my floor.

"Andrew," I scream as my hand clutches a shirt and jeans.

"Yes?" His head pops into my bedroom.

"Are you all packed?" I ask as I throw the objects in my hands into my suitcase.

"Yes, we finished yesterday," I wave him off and I groan.

How can anyone do this?

You know you never packed one of these in your life why would you wait 'til the last minute.

I know let's go through the checklist again.

Toothbrush.

Check.

Toothpaste.

Check.

Comb.

Check.

Soap.

Check.

You're crazy!

Check.

Hey, stop pushing it! My wolf amuses herself and goes to the back of my mind.

"Andrew!" He pokes his head in since my door is open. I would not doubt that he is sitting in the hallway from all the times I have called him.

"Yes?"

"Are you sure it is a week can't I just go for a day and come home." I groan as I look over my suitcase as it lays open on my bed.

"You can do whatever you want but remember the alpha doesn't hold these parties every year it is every decade the least you can do is go for the week." I stare at him as my irritation gets the best of me and I throw my pillow at him. He ducks out of the way. "I'll tell you when Hunter gets here." With that he runs out of my room.

I groan and look over at the time it is a quarter 'til six. I need to shower and get ready. I head into the bathroom and take the quickest shower humanly possible.

"What am I getting myself into?" I rest my head on the bathroom wall as the water cascades over my body. "Why do I have such a bad feeling about this?" I finish up and start getting ready.

At 5:30 my phone rings.

"Hello!" I smile into the receiver.

Hey beautiful! My breath catches and I can feel my cheeks ablaze.

"Hey handsome," he chuckles into my ear.

I'm going to be there in fifteen minutes.

"Okay."

See you soon so you can save me from this hell. Bye!

The line goes dead and I throw my phone onto my bed and rush to finish getting ready.

Fifteen minutes later Andrew calls me.

Party time!

I look over myself in the mirror. I am wearing a black lacey arm sweetheart cut backless dress with my favorite black heels and a black diamond encrusted clutch. My hair is up in a fancy bun with my side down curled followed by my signature red lipstick and smoky eyes.