Seven

The voice is angry that much is clear. I slow my pace as I round the corner of the hallway.

"I'm sorry alpha but that kind of behavior is unacceptable," never in my eighteen years of living have I seen anyone talk to my father that way.

"Teresa, calm down," my father walks up to Dr. Graham.

"Don't tell me to calm down Julian," she snaps, "I have never interfered with your job. Even when I doubted your decision I followed your orders but this," her eyes go to me, "this is unacceptable."

"What's going on?" After assuring Marcus that I was fine he decided to head back home to shower.

"Red," my father sighs, "go to your room."

"This concerns her as well," Dr. Graham face softens when she looks at me.

"What is this about?" I ask but Dr. Graham stays quiet, "father?"

"Teresa, I'll handle this." Dr. Graham's lip quivers and my father wraps his arms around her, "I'll be up to check up on you shortly, I'll take care of all of this. Understand," with a heavy sigh she nods.

"Night Melany," she says before leaving my father and me alone in the hallway of the second level. I was making my way to my room when I saw both of them going at it.

"Follow me," my father orders.

"As your child, I decline," my father's eyebrows furrow.

"Oh I'm your father now," he smiles, "just when it is convenient I see."

"Just spill it father, is it about Andrew?"

"No, it is not about Andrew. I want to avoid fighting with you at all cost but I guess it comes with the job and being a father." He can try to hide his exhaustion the best he can but his eyes give him away. He has been working hard these past few days and now whatever this is.

"What's the matter?"

"I will have to take action Red," he exhales heavily.

The sun rises slowly as I pace through my bedroom. Andrew is irritable but who wouldn't be when they pull an all-nighter. He is a good friend letting me unleash my tongue on him instead of disobeying my father.

"Someone's coming," Andrew head perks up and he quickly sits up from the floor where he was laying a few seconds ago.

I stop my pacing and hear the crunching of leaves and branches. Before I can let the anger sizzle again I make sure its the person I am waiting for.

Peeking through my window I see a figure rush around the corner of the pack house and my wolf gets excited.

"Are you staying?" I turn away from the window and Andrew stretches. A groan escapes him as he fights off a yawn.

"I'm going I don't want to be part of this mess," Andrew quickly gets to his feet and walks out.

A few minutes later Marcus walks through my door, "Mel, you're awake." There is a gleam in his eyes that quickly vanishes when he really sees me.

"Funny you make it seem as if I slept at all," I hiss at him.

"What are you talking about?" His steps come to a halt at the threshold.

"How dare you?" The words lash out of me as if the words themselves would burn my tongue. Marcus takes a step back, "How dare you attack someone that is hospitalized," realization dawns on him.

Dr. Graham was mad that one of her patients, Cedric, was attacked by one of her pack members under her watch. Marcus only managed to get a few punches in before two other men pulled him away and he went into my room.