Seventy Five

The infirmary has been filled with people since Melody came into this world. 

It seems surreal that she is in my arms. Her big eyes stare off as I indulge in the moments I have her in my arms.

Melody has everyone she comes into contact with wrapped around her tiny fingers. She has been alive for three days.

Melody has many visitors ranging from the alpha of alpha's himself to humans. Hunter is as overprotective as I am over our little angel. If we do not know them they do not come near her no ifs, ands, or buts.

Andrew is carrying her at the moment and I can sense Madison getting jealous. "Daddy," she whines at him and lifts her hands up at him wanting her father to carry her. Andrew hands over Melody to me and grabs Madison.

"Aren't you a little green monster?" He rubs his nose against hers and she laughs at her father's antics.

"Alpha Hunter may I speak to you?" I look at Dr. Graham, she is not looking at me but at Hunter.

"Sure," he walks over to her as I scoot closer to the edge of the bed, I am getting ready to leave the infirmary and head back home, finally. My wolf is exhausted from the lack of sleep, once a she wolf has a pup our inner wolf wants to be on high alert. She is overly protective, her growls and snarls when someone holds Melody.

Mel, you have some visitors. Hunter's voices chimes in through our mind link.

I know I am looking at them.

Hunter's mind takes over mine for a moment and I see Andrew's parents before Hunter.

What are they doing here?

My wolf's ear perk up as she senses my uneasiness. They have never tried communicating with Andrew and neither has he, so why come here now?

They came to see Melody. Hunter answers my question.

Anger rises within me. They did not go to see their own grandchildren but they want to see my daughter. My daughter! The words feel surreal even in anger.

"Angie, hold Melody," she does not hesitate to take her. I get off the bed and Andrew senses my anger.

"Melany?" His voice wavers as he is holding his daughter, Is there a problem?

"Stay here that is an order," I hiss at Andrew and head to the door. Walking out to the hallway I came face to face with Andrew's parents.

"Melany," Naomi, Andrew's mother, smiles at me but quickly wipes it off her face.

"Why are you here?" I snap at them as I take my place by Hunter's side.

"We came," she glances at her husband as he stands firmly in front of us, "to see the alpha's daughter. You know that that's tradition."

"Melany," Andrew voice is behind me and I take a step in front of the door blocking his vision. My eyes stay on Andrew's parents.

"When are you going to listen to me? You're my beta," I hiss at him. I turn on my heels and look at a confused Andrew, "hand her over."

Andrew's eyes narrow but he hands over Madison.

"It's your parents." His eyebrows pull together and he stretches his neck to see them. I hold Madison with one hand and then Andrew's hand with the other. We walk to Hunter's side and Andrew looks at his parents.

"Why..." Andrew gasps as if lost for words. Why are they here? Why didn't they call him? Why haven't they tried to contact him in all these years?