The Reason Why~2

MR. BOOK STORE

CHAPTER 2

MCKINLEY P.O.V 

"You're going on a date with a guy?" Court asked placing the bag of food down on my kitchen table. "A random guy that you met in a book store?" 

"Yes." I said looking at her. "He bought me a book. How many guys have bought you a book?" I questioned and she shrugged giving a little laugh. 

"But you don't like guys." She said trying to defend her argument on why I shouldn't go on the date with Luke. 

"But this guy is different. He bought me a book." I said and she laughed. 

"So what if he bought you a book? I bet he's still going to hurt you one way or another." She said and I rolled my eyes. "He could leave and you never know." 

"He can leave if he wants but I'm not going to hold it against him because he might leave." I said and she nodded her head at me as she pulled the food out of the bag. "I figured I would give it a shot. I'm not saying we're going to be dating for years and be head over heels in love with each other." I said as I put some rice on my plate. "I'm just saying that he seems like a fun guy." We had been texting back and forth a little and I didn't really find out much about him, not that I really asked him. 

"How does he seem like a fun guy? What does he even do?" 

"He's a music producer." I answered, that was one of the only things that I found out about him. 

"A music producer?" She questioned and I nodded my head. "You want to date a music producer?" 

"I never said I wanted to date him and why does it matter what he does for a living? If he makes me happy why does it matter?" 

"How does he make you happy?" 

"Whenever he texts me I get super excited." I answered smiling at her. "Just let me live." I said sipping on my wine. 

"Whatever, Kinley." She answered. We both ate in silence before moving to the living room to watch a movie. "When is this date?" She questioned. 

"Tomorrow night." Tomorrow was Saturday and I would be able to sleep in and not worry about work, instead I could stress over this date with Luke. 

"What are you going to wear?" I shrugged, I was never really sure what to wear. I wasn't good with picking out stuff to wear on a date. "Lets go look." She said, both of us standing up and heading into my room to look in the closet. "Where's that red dress that you wore to the Christmas Party last year?" She questioned. "Which by the way, is next week." She said and I nodded. 

"It should be hung up in there." 

"I think you look amazing in red." She said as she pulled it out of the closet. "You need black shoes and black tights." 

"Are you sure with the tights?" 

"Yes, it's December, it get's cold in New York you know." I rolled my eyes laughing. 

"I've lived here for years, I know how the weather works." 

"Is he going to take you around Time Square to look at all the pretty lights?" I shrugged. He didn't tell me what he had planned and I wasn't going to ask. I figured he would have told me if he wanted to know. 

"I can ask him after we have dinner." I shrugged. "But I'm not going to force him." 

"Did he tell you where he was taking you?" 

"No. He wants it to be a surprise." Which stresses me out. 

"That scares me. Please text me when you know the location so if something happens I can send cops your way." I laughed a little although the thought crossed my mind that he was a killer who just wanted to rape me and kill me before dumping my body somewhere. It happens all the time in New York.