Christmas Time~5

MR BOOK STORE

CHAPTER 5

MCKINLEY P.O.V 

Once I was finally feeling better, I was able to actually leave my apartment and get to work. Courtney had told me that if I wasn't feeling that great I could take half days and just work from home, so that's what I did. It's surprising how much more work I got done in my own house without anyone distracting me. That is until Luke came in the door with a bag of food. 

"Hello, Love." He said kissing me and setting the bag down on the coffee table. "I brought you some soup." 

"Thank you." I smiled at him. "When do you get off work for Christmas?" 

"Starting tomorrow, what about you?"

"The same." Christmas was on a Friday this year and tomorrow was Wednesday. "Are we going to leave tomorrow because I have to pack." 

"If you want. We probably should so we have time to settle and stuff. We're staying at my parents house though. Is that okay?" 

"Yeah, that's fine." Once he left I finished the article I was working on before sending it off to Courtney to read before I headed to my bedroom to start packing. I packed a few pairs of leggings, a pair of jeans, tons of shirts, a few pairs of shoes, socks, panties/bra's and anything else I might need while we were away. That's when my phone rang and my mom's number flashed across it. "Hi." I said answering the phone.

"Hi honey. How are you?" 

"I'm okay." I answered sighing. I hadn't talked to her in a while and she knew why I hadn't. She picked him over me. 

"I was just wondering if you were coming home for Christmas." She said into the phone. 

"Oh no. I'm really busy with work. I won't be making it home this year." I lied to her. I didn't want to tell her that I was going to guys house for Christmas when we just started dating a few days ago. She would never approve of that and she would think that I went back to my hoe days. 

"Oh, well okay. Merry Christmas." She said and I could tell she was frowning on the other side of the phone. 

"Merry Christmas." I said before hanging up. I had always had an amazing relationship with my younger brother but he moved to California to try and become an actor right after I moved to New York. The only one still at home was my 24 year old older brother. Me and my younger brother were only a year and four days apart and he truly was my best friend but living on different places of the country with different time zones really screwed up our relationship and we were never able to get it back. 

That night once I was done packing I called Luke to see what time he would be coming to pick me up the next day and he eventually convinced me to stay the night at his house but I needed someone to watch the cat for me. 

So I dragged my bag out to my car before I went and knocked on Sam's apartment door and luckily he answered. 

"Hey! What are you doing here?" He questioned. 

"I know this is so last minute but I'm heading home for Christmas and I was wondering if you could watch my cat for while I'm gone? It will only be a few days. You just have to feed him." I said and he nodded. 

"Of course." 

"Here's an extra key to my apartment." I said smiling to him. "Thank you so much. The food is on top of the fridge, you'll be able to reach it." I smiled. 

"Alright, no problem." 

"Thank you. Merry Christmas!" I called over my shoulder waving before I left the building. Lying to Sam was the only thing I could do because I knew if I told him that I was going to Christmas at Luke's he would freak out. I pulled up to Luke's house not longer after and he was already out the door helping me with my bag and sticking it in his car. "Where's Loki?" I asked.