to be loved and to be in love~10

MR BOOK STORE

CHAPTER 10

MCKINLEY P.O.V 

Our office has been closed for a few days now while we all traveled to Montana for Courtney's wedding. Me and Luke found very quickly that getting an early flight was a bad idea. Many people were travelling trying to get away from the cold weather. 

"Help me, Jesus." I said as we got to the airport and he parked his car in the parking garage. 

"I'm Luke." He said smirking at me and I turned to hit his shoulder but his hand grabbed my wrist. "I wouldn't try that with me today, Babygirl." I looked at him confused. "I'm cranky." He said and I nodded heading to the Starbucks that was in there, grabbing us each a coffee and bringing one to him. 

"Here." I said handing it to him and he took it from me with a kiss as he sipped at it. "We will never take an early flight like this again." I said running my hand through hair. 

"Yeah, I agree." He answered as our flight was called and we both made our way to the gates. I hated flying, it wasn't fun. I had never liked anything that flew. Bugs, birds, planes. I also didn't like trains. But the only way to get to Montana was from a plane and I wasn't willing to drive all the over there. 

Luke had offered to drive down there but it would have cost just as much for gas as it did for the plane tickets and I knew that it would be a very long drive and I would probably choke him out by the time we got there. 

As soon as we got on the plane, we both found our seats and got comfortable. I fell asleep rather quickly into the ride and only woke when we landed. We made our way to the hotel where I laid on the bed while he made sure there was no one hiding anywhere and then he deemed the room fine and I could go shower. We were having dinner with Courtney, Nick and their parents tonight and I could go looking like a crazy person. 

"Do we have to go? Why can't we just stay here and do the dirty?" Luke asked as he tightened his tie. 

"Because I showered for this. And I did my hair and makeup." 

"So if we were going to stay here and have sex you wouldn't shower?" He questioned. 

"No. I don't need to shower for you." I answered and he laughed nodded as he grabbed his phone and wallet. He took my hand as he helped me over to the elevator where we went down to the lobby where a limo picked us up. "This is so nice." I said as I opened the champagne bottle that was sitting in some ice. 

"It's lovely." Luke answered as he clinked his glass to mine. I smiled as I drank it. We didn't have much time before we pulled up to the restaurant and we were ushered out of the limo and into the building being taken right over to where Courtney was sitting with Nick and their parents. 

"McKinley!" Courtney jumped up from her seat to hug me. 

"Hi." I hugged her back before hugging Nick. 

"Mr and Mrs. Jonas this is my work friend McKinley." Courtney smiled. I wasn't in the wedding party but I asked Courtney to not put me in it because I didn't want to fall down on the aisle. "And this is her boyfriend Luke." She said motioning to both of us. We both shook their hands saying our hello's. 

We all sat down eating the bread that was placed on our table and drinking our wine or beer. We each ordered our meals and ate in silence before someone broke it to say how good it tasted and we all agreed. Our waiter asked if we would all like dessert and we all declined as we sipped at wine and talked. 

"Alright, are you ready Mr. Book Store?" I asked turning to Luke who was yawning and finishing off his beer. 

"Yeah, I'm ready. It was nice meeting you all." He smiled at Courtney and Nick's parents. He stood up taking my hand as I said my goodbyes and we headed off to the hotel. I tied my hair up as I watched Luke strip out of his suit and stay in only his boxers.