Always more~22

MR BOOKSTORE

CHAPTER 22

MCKINLEY P.O.V

I had been staying at Luke's a lot more recently and he was enjoying every minute of it. I cleaned up after him, I made him whatever he wanted, I let him do whatever he wanted to my body. He knew that he could control me. Of course he was in the shower while I was cooking him breakfast and there was a knock on the front door.

"Hold on!" I shouted wiping my hands off on a towel and going to answer the door. A women stood there looking at me as I opened the door.

"Oh. I must have the wrong place." She said looking at the number on the door and then down at the piece of paper she was holding. "Is Luke Hemmings here?" She questioned.

"Um, yeah. Can I ask who you are?" I questioned. I wasn't going to just let her in and she clearly somehow knew Luke.

"I'm Carlie, me and him used to date." My eyes widened.

"Are you in trouble or something?" I questioned holding the door so she couldn't see into the apartment.

"No. I'm just in town and thought that I would stop buy and see him." She smiled. "Are you his new cook?" I snorted.

"Coo-"

"Who is it?" Luke asked coming out drying his hair with a towel and now fully dressed. He grabbed the door and pulled it before his eyes light up. "Carlie!" He shouted shoving past me to hug her. "How are you?" He asked. "How's Florida?"

"I'm good. Florida is great." She smiled clearly waiting for him to invite her in.

"Come in come in!" He said standing to the side and letting her in. I stood there shocked that he would allow his ex-girlfriend to come into his apartment. "Would you like anything?" He questioned going to the kitchen.

"No. I'm okay." She answered looking around. I watched her as she touched a picture of Luke and Jack that I had taken. "How's your family doing?"

"They're doing good. Jack and Celeste just got engaged." Luke answered as they sat on the couch together.

"Remember when we were engaged and almost got married." She laughed. My eyes widened at her words and I rushed into the kitchen. Luke had never told me that they were engaged to be married. In fact he never said anything about her.

I sat at the table and ate my breakfast while listening to them talking and laughing. I found it so strange that he was able to propose to this women but freaked out and got drunk when he THOUGHT that I would want to get married. Why wouldn't he tell me something like this? I cleaned the kitchen before going to his room.

"McKinley come join us." Luke smiled at me and I glared at him.

"No, thanks." I answered going to his room and locking myself inside. I dug around in his room trying to find this ring assuming that she gave it back to him when they broke up.

"Kin? I'm gonna take Carlie out to lunch." Luke shouted. "I'll talk to you later."

"Bye!" I shouted before hearing the front door close. I quickly called Courtney. "Dude, you're never going to believe who showed up at Luke's front door." I nearly yelled putting the phone on speaker so I could search and see if I could find anything.

"Um, his dad?"

"His ex-fiance! Who he never told me about!" I shouted. "How could he have kept this from me?" I asked going to check the hall closet to see if he had anything in there.

"What? What are you doing? McKinley, don't do anything stupid."

"I'm just looking through his stuff. I have found the wedding invitation. They were planning to get married this year on July 4th! When the hell did they break up?!" I was furious. How could he have not told me something like that? "And he fucking took her out to lunch. I wanna smack him right now." I rolled my eyes.