The Feeling~6

MR BOOK STORE

CHAPTER 6

MCKINLEY P.O.V 

*spoilers to the book Penpal in this chapter*

I woke up the next morning with a small headache but nothing too bad. Luke's arm was still slung over my body but he was sat up in the bed, reading a book. It was bizarre to see him reading a book and then I freaked out when I realized it was my book. 

"Did you lose my book mark?" I questioned sitting up. 

"Good morning to you too." He said. "And no. I didn't." He corrected and I nodded my head. "This is a good book." He said and I nodded. Penpals was a book that I read in high school for Horror Literature and I fell in love with the book fairly quickly. When we finished it in school, I rushed off to the bookstore to buy it and luckily they had it. I've never gone anywhere without it since. "It's the stalker." 

"Yeah." I mumbled. 

"You said yeah but you had no idea what I was talking about." 

"Yes I do. The guy living under the house, the one who killed all the cats. The one who sent all of the pictures to the main character, which by the way, you never learn what his name is." 

"I feel like his name is Billy or something." I laughed a little before sitting up. "Oh my god!" He all of a sudden shouted and I looked at him. "Vanessa is dead." He said and I nodded. 

"Didn't see that coming were you?" I said and he nodded. When I read it the first time for my Horror Lit. class I cried. And not because Vanessa was dead but because that was the first person the main character had ever loved. That was his one connection to his long time friend and after that, he was lost again. "Wait until the end. Some screwed up stuff happens." He looked at me alarmed as he read further. I put some clothes on before heading down the stairs. 

"Good morning." Liz smiled at me. 

"Morning." I smiled back going to grab some juice from the fridge. 

"How did you sleep?" She asked as I sat at the island and she was cooking something. 

"Good thanks. What about you?" 

"Good, thank you for asking. I hope Luke didn't keep you up too late." I shook my head as I drank my juice.

"He didn't." I answered and she looked at me. We were the only ones out of bed this morning. Everyone else must have still been sleeping or were too hungover to get out of bed. "So it wasn't you?" I looked at her confused. "What? If you're talking about the people tripping up the stairs that was us." I said and she shook her head. 

"No, the two people getting it on." She said and I burst out laughing. I wasn't expecting her to say that. Of course she knew that her sons had sex. They were all in their 20's, it wasn't like they were going to wait. I just never expected them to do it in the house. 

"It must have been Jack and Celeste." I said and she nodded. Me and Luke haven't been together for that long so we weren't going to jump into bed with each other and we would never do it in his parents house while they were home. 

"McKinley!" I heard Luke shout before my book came flying down the stairs. "Why? Why? That didn't need to happen. I'm so angry right now." He said stomping down the stairs and sitting on the couch. I stood behind the couch and wrapped my arms around him. "He didn't have to die." He whispered which made me giggle a little. 

"I know. But I warned you." 

"But I didn't know that was going to happen." He answered and I nodded. "How did his dad bury him? I don't understand. Wouldn't the dad know? Wouldn't he question?"