Final~38

MR BOOK STORE

CHAPTER 38

MCKINLEY P.O.V

"Do you have to go?" I asked Luke. The last thing I wanted was for him to move to California. I wanted him to stay here with me even as selfish as it seemed.

"Yes, now stop asking me about it. I'm leaving." I wasn't sure why he had to be so mean to me about it.

"Why are you being so mean to me?" I asked in a low voice, playing with my fingers.

"Because for some god damn reason you can't get it through your thick skull that I'm leaving. I'm leaving and there's nothing you can do about it. There's nothing here for me anymore!" He shouted as he shoved some shirts into a box before standing up.

"Do I not mean anything to you?" I questioned.

"No. You don't." He confirmed. It broke my heart into a million pieces. He had never been so cruel. "Just pack your shit and get out." I swallowed hard trying not to cry. Luke didn't love me. I quietly packed the stuff that I had taken forever to get packed. I made a few trips from the apartment to my car. I had no idea what to say to him. I knew that this was our break-up. This was the last conversation we would be having before he left next week.

I sat outside the apartment for a while, just sitting in my car. I didn't feel like driving. I literally had no one to go to.

I drove to my new apartment that was empty. I thankfully kept my bed from my old place so at least I had somewhere to sleep. I left everything in the car as I went inside and laid on the bed. I laid looking at the ceiling for what seemed like forever. I picked up my phone, the background a picture of Luke. I sighed before going to change it.

"Life sucks." I mumbled. It was dark outside but I needed food. I eventually got out of the bed and went to find some food somewhere around. I eventually found a Moe's and went in to get a quesadilla. I walked back to the apartment. I ate and then decided that I might as well set up my room with what I had. I made the bed and hung up a few things on the walls. It was starting to look like someone lived here.

'We need to talk.' Luke texted me.

'I want nothing to do with you.' I answered. I was so upset with him. He basically admitted to me that he didn't love me and that there was nothing there anymore.

'I don't want to leave with the last thing I ever said to you was that I didn't have feelings for you. Please just come to the bar we always go to.' He wrote back. I rolled my eyes.

'Fine.' I said going to get my shoes on and driving to the bar that was now too far of a walk. I waited at a booth in the back with a water. I didn't want to see him. He slid into the booth, not looking at me.

"I'm not sure what to say." He admitted.

"You don't have to say anything." I answered. "I get it." I wished that I had gotten it months ago. I would never regret what I had with Luke but I had never been hurt like this in my entire life. I played with the straw that was in my drink. "I always knew that you would someday break my heart." I commented truthfully.

"This is just something I have to do." He answered. I nodded. He stood and I looked up at him just in time for him to kiss my forehead.

That night was very lonely and cold.

The next day I had finally gotten out of bed and showered. I headed to the furniture store looking for a kitchen table, a couch, a coffee table, and a t.v stand. I picked out a few things before going to pay. The things would be delivered within the next few days.