Big Decisions~37

MR BOOK STORE

CHAPTER 37

MCKINLEY P.O.V

The next few months flew by. Lately I had been super busy at work and so had Luke so we really only saw each other when we were going to bed. I was still super worried that his boss would transfer him to California. Of course I wasn't going to force him to stay here because of me but it would be difficult to let him go. 

I finally had a day off after a huge project that I had finished and I planned to stay in the whole day and watch Supernatural but Luke was working from home and making calls all day and making tons of noise. 

"You're doing it on purpose." I commented muting the t.v when he walked into the room with his phone pressed to his ear. It's taken me nearly two hours to watch one episode because he kept interrupting me. 

"I'm trying to plans with my boss." He rolled his eyes. 

"Plans for what?" 

"For me to go and look at the studio he's building in L.A." I sat up. He said that there were no plans right now to open a studio there. 

"What?" I questioned and his eyes widened when he realized what he had said. 

"I'll call you back." He rushed into the phone before hanging up. 

"You lied to me." I commented and he sighed moving closer to me. 

"I didn't want you to worry." He commented closing his eyes and pressing his thumb and pointer finger to his nose. "Nothing is decided on who's going there but there is a studio being built. It's all up to my boss about who is going to be employed there." He said. 

"You still lied." 

"I'm sorry." He said. "I have a meeting next week with my boss with the final decision on who is going there." 

"Do you want to go there?" He was silent but I waited for an answer. 

"Honest?" I nodded. "Yes. I do." I nodded leaning back on the bed. "It's a lot more money and I'll be able to work with more artists. It would be an amazing opportunity." I knew he was right but it wasn't like I would be able to go with him. I loved my job, my job was here. 

I stayed quiet, I wasn't sure what to say to him. Of course I wanted him to follow his dream and to become everything he's ever wanted. But I wanted him to be mine. As selfish as it seems I wanted him to stay here with me and to marry me and have a kid with me. He was going to move away and he was going to find someone else and do those things with someone else and I didn't want that. 

I thought that we were going to be together forever, that this was it. I was wrong. It was clear that if his boss asked him to go, he would. 

He left the room to get back to work which left me with my thoughts. Maybe we could work through it. We could do long distance. I slowly got out of bed and walked over to his office. 

"Can I go to the meeting with you?" I asked. 

"If you want to. I don't see why not." He commented. I nodded my head before crawling back into bed. I had no idea what I was going to do. 

Around dinner time he came into the room and looked at me. 

"It's gonna be a while before anything happens." He commented. "The building isn't even finished." He rolled his eyes at me. It was as if he didn't even care about our relationship and where it was headed. It was obvious that this was the beginning of the end for us.