Sick Days~32

MR BOOK STORE

CHAPTER 32

MCKINLEY P.O.V

I left Luke at home while I went Christmas shopping. He hadn't been feeling well recently so I made sure to leave him some chicken soup before I headed to the store to buy gifts for my younger cousins, my parents, and grandparents. This year when we started making plans, Liz called and informed us that we were not invited to the holiday celebration this year. 

Thankfully my aunt was allowing us to stay at her house so that we could celebrate with my side of the family. It's been a long time since I went home to see everyone and I regret not going home more. They were my family and as much as they were crazy and problematic and sometimes ignorant, they were family and at the end of the day that was what I had left. 

An hour into my shopping I got a call from Luke who to me sounded like he was dying. 

"Luke?" I said into the phone. "Are you okay?" I asked. 

"Come home." He groaned into the phone. 

"What's wrong? What's going on?" I asked putting the item I had in my hands back on the shelf and rushing to checkout. 

"I don't know but something is wrong." He sounded terrible. 

"Okay, I'm gonna check out and I'll be there as soon as possible." I rushed into the phone. "Call 911 if something happens before I get there." I was panicked. In the year that we have been dating this is the first time that he's been sick and he didn't sound like that when I left the house. I rushed through the self checkout and nearly ran to my car and speed off to get home. I parked, terribly, in the garage before rushing up the stairs. "Luke?!" I shouted running to the bedroom. He was on the floor in the bathroom. "Oh my god. Luke!" I shouted. 

There was vomit everywhere or what felt like everywhere. 

"Oh god." I quickly made sure his throat was clear and that he was breathing before calling 911. I shouldn't have left him home alone. I rushed in telling the 911 operator where we were. Once I knew 911 was on their way I called Michael, Ashton and Calum. 

When the EMT's got here they checked his vitals before lifting him onto the stretcher. I had no idea how long he had been passed out on the bathroom floor but it scared me. 

"What's going on?" I ran behind them down to the ambulance. 

"We're not sure yet." They answered. I got back into my car and followed them to the hospital. It could literally be anything. On the way to the hospital I called Liz to let her know that something was wrong and that I would call if something was really wrong. 

Once at the hospital they took Luke back for testing while I paced in the waiting room. Ashton came running in first. 

"Is he okay?" 

"They haven't told me anything." 

"What happened?" 

"He passed out on the bathroom floor. He wasn't feeling well and I went out to go shopping and he called that something was wrong and when I got home he was just on the floor covered in vomit." 

"Has he been drinking liquids?" He asked. 

"I told him to." But of course Luke being Luke he probably didn't do what I said. "This is my fault. I shouldn't have left him alone." 

"Hemmings?" Someone called into the room and I rushed over. "He's stable. He's extremely dehydrated and has the flu. We'll keep him here for now. You can go see him. He's in room 305. You'll have to go upstairs." I went to the elevators with Ashton and we headed up to his room. When we got there he was sitting up with an arm behind his head.