True Love~ 24

MR BOOK STORE

CHAPTER 24

MCKINLEY P.O.V 

*trigger warnings: talk of depression. Please read at own risk*

Jack and Celeste were finally working on wedding plans and had set a date for June so they asked if me and Luke would go shopping with them and I was so excited. They decided that they would just shop and look around for things that they might want while also getting things for their engagement party which would be next weekend. 

I stuck with Celeste as we shopped so I didn't have to listen to Luke complain the whole time but I was exhausted. I just wanted to lay in bed all day. As we sat at lunch I played with my straw that was in my drink. 

"You okay?" Luke nudged me and I shrugged. I wasn't sure what was wrong or why I was feeling this way but I was. "Do you wanna go home?" He questioned and I nodded. "I'm gonna take her home." Luke rushed as he stood up and threw some money on the table before rushing out of the restaurant. "What's wrong?" He asked and I shook my head. 

Once we got home I laid in his bed with the cover's pulled up to my face. I knew that he was probably freaking out again thinking that I was upset because I wanted to get married. 

"Wanna take a bath?" Luke asked and I nodded. He lifted me up and brought me into the bathroom started the bath and adding salts. He got in behind me as I rested against him. He was quiet as he rubbed my sides. I relaxed into him and enjoyed his company. Enjoyed that he wasn't questioning what was wrong or why the sudden change of mood. 

"I think I need to go back to my doctor." I whispered. 

"Okay. For what? Would you like me to make an appointment?" He questioned. "I'll do whatever you need." He talked quietly and he was gentle with me. Once the water was cold he helped me out and wrapped me in a blanket before taking me to my bed and laying me down. He then got me dressed and laid with me in bed. 

"We should call." I commented scrolling on my phone to her contact and handing Luke the phone. He rubbed my back as he called and made me an appointment. I had stopped taking my depression pills a little over two months ago. I ran out and thought that maybe I didn't need them anymore but it was starting to hit me hard that yes, I still needed them. That no matter how hard I tried, I was still in that state even if I didn't want to be. 

"Okay, appointment is on Wednesday at 4." He cuddled into me. "Is that good with you?" I nodded. 

"Can you order some food?" I asked and he nodded. 

"What would you like?" 

"Buffalo chicken pizza with blue cheese. And cheese sticks." I mumbled. 

"Alright, I'll order it." He commented before he left the room to call. I buried my face in the covers while he was gone. As much as I was tired, I couldn't fall asleep and I was struggling. I could feel myself struggling and as much as I didn't want to, I knew that I was slowly going back to where I was in high school. 

*WEDNESDAY*

Luke sat in the waiting room with me at my appointment holding my hand. I could tell that he was worried and I tried to tell him that I was going to be okay but he was still worried. I hated making him feel that way which only made it worse. Worrying that someone was worried about me. We were both losing our minds. 

"McKinley." I slowly stood looking at Luke. 

"I'll be right here okay? I love you." He kissed my forehead before I walked off following my doctor.