Emotions~21

MR BOOK STORE

CHAPTER 21

MCKINLEY P.O.V 

*talk of death*

I was about to head over to Luke's for dinner after work when I got a call from and of course he was talking to someone else when I answered. 

"Luke." I said annoyed. He always did that, don't call me when you're still having a conversation with someone else.

"Hey, Babe. I'm gonna be at the office for a few more hours but I was wondering if you wanted to come here and eat with me and the boys?" He asked. 

"Oh. Yeah sure." I smiled. "Want me to still pick up food from Outback?" I asked. 

"Yeah, I already called it in. Just tell them the name Luke. It's already paid for." He answered into the phone before Michael started shouted in the back. 

"Alright. I'll be there soon." I said. 

"I love you." I could hear his smile through the phone. 

"I love you too." I answered before hanging up and rushing over to Outback and then quickly went to his office. Amanda, the receptionist was already gone so I headed to his office where him and Ashton were. "Hello, love." I smiled kissing him, bringing his head back. 

"Hi, cute stuff."

"My turn." Ashton said pouting his lips for a kiss. 

"No." Luke shoved him before pulling me into his lap. "No one kisses my girlfriend." I giggled kissing Luke again before shoving off and grabbing my food. We all ate together as they made plans on what was going to be going on with the new album that someone had just made. 

I sat and listened to them bicker for a while before I got bored and began roaming around the offices. I somehow ended up in Michael's office, he had tons of pictures but the one that stood out the most was of a little girl. She was wearing a cute sundress with bright colors but was holding up a rock and roll sign with her finger's. 

"Thats Macy." Calum said from behind me. "Michael's daughter." I was shocked to find out that he had a child. He clearly had her very young. 

"How come he never talks about her?" I questioned looking back and forth between the picture and Calum. 

"She um, she was diagnosed with leukemia at two. She passed in her sleep a few weeks later." I couldn't imagine what Michael had gone through. "Macy's mom ran after that. Mike hasn't seen her since." I sat down to look at the picture. 

"I bet she was just like Michael." I smiled a little. 

"He loved her more than he had loved anyone else in the entire world. Luke is her godfather." Calum added. 

"He never told me that." 

"They don't talk about it." I nodded. "Don't bring it up to him either." I wouldn't do that. I would let Luke tell me in time if he wanted to. 

"How did Mike end up with such a cute little kid?" 

"He had been dating Julie for a while. The first time they ever had sex she got pregnant. He of course proposed and was planning a life with her and the baby. When Macy was born things got rocky. Then when she was diagnosed it was like the world was falling. Mike missed a lot of work and Julie would yell at him. So when Macy lost her battle, Julie went on the run and Michael did nothing but work." 

"She would have loved you." Michael said coming into the room. "She was beautiful." 

"She is." I smiled. "She has your smile." He sat beside me.