Lessons Learned~20

MR. BOOK STORE

CHAPTER 20

MCKINLEY P.O.V

* The character's are going to be smoking weed in this chapter*

"So," Luke started as soon as he walked through my door with dinner. "I was thinking that we could go to my parents beach house this weekend? My brother's are throwing a party and I think we should go."

"Whatever you want." I commented as I got us both drinks, "But I do know that you just want to see me in those bikini's I bought." He smirked. 

"Well duh." He laughed as I rolled my eyes and smiled at him. He was adorable. And that Friday after work, we made the nearly 6 hour trip to his parents beach house. It was more of a lake house, not sure why they called it a beach house. It was of decent size. 3 bedrooms, Luke would usually share a room with Jack but because his parents weren't here, we each had a room to ourselves. 

"Want a beer?" Luke asked. 

"No, I'm okay." I answered as I grabbed a wine cooler instead. Ben and Jack both invited tons of people so I stuck close to Luke to not get lost. I eventually made my way to the bathroom and lost him in the crowd. When I found him, he had a joint in his hand. I watched as he took a hit from it. I walked up behind him as he blew it out. 

"Hi." He smiled. 

"Hi." I took it from him and took a hit and he looked rather surprised as I blew it into his mouth. 

"Holy shit." He mumbled before kissing me passing along the joint as his hands wrapped around my waist. "I didn't know you smoked." 

"I did in high school." I answered. 

"That's pretty hot." He smirked looking at my lips before kissing me. I giggled as I pulled away from him and went to find a snack. He followed behind me and kept his hand on my lower back as we stood in the kitchen eating chips out of a bag. We stood in the kitchen looking out the window as our hands often tried to fight each other for who was going to get their hand in the bag first. 

"You're so mean to me." I pouted as he got his hand in first. 

"Oh shush." He said eating the chips that he pulled from the bag. I then stuck my hand in before he took the bag from me and finished what was left at the bottom. I sat on the counter as he stood between my legs and finished off his beer. I rested my hands around his neck and played with the hair at his neck. 

"I love you." I smiled looking at him. 

"I know you do. I love you too." He commented before kissing me. I deepened the kiss as he eventually lifted me off the counter and set me on the floor. He pulled back and looked at me. "You know, I'm not sure of a lot of things in this life, but you. I'm so sure about you." His words made my heart melt.  

"Really?" I asked and he nodded smiling. "Let's elope." I commented making him laugh. 

"We will get married the right way." He answered and I sighed. "My parents would kill me if I did that." I would have married him right now if I could but I knew he was right. If we were going to get married we would do it the right way. An engagement and then a wedding. I also knew that he was no where near ready to propose. 

We stayed around everyone else for a while before I made my way to bed. Sometimes I just needed to be away from everyone. I could hear the music become quieter and the front door being opened and closed every few minutes before Luke came in. 

"Babe? Wanna go for a midnight swim?" He asked and I nodded, reaching for him to pick me up. He giggled a little before I was lifted from the bed. "We're just gonna go in our clothes. Or maybe naked."