The Future~33

MR BOOK STORE

CHAPTER 33

MCKINLEY P.O.V 

Luke still wasn't 100% better but I needed to get my shopping done. It was the day before Christmas and both of our offices were closed so while I was shopping, Luke was hanging out with Ashton at our place. I was scared to leave him there but I knew I needed to. 

We did most of our shopping online but there were some thing that wouldn't be shipped in time so I went and found the things that we couldn't order online. 

I was a little nervous to head home. I hadn't seen most of them for a long time and I'm sure most of them were thinking that I wouldn't have lasted with Luke as long as we have. I was never the type of person to date someone. Luke was my first ever relationship that lasted past  a few months. Luke was my first ever relationship where I moved in with the guy. 

It was crazy how fast my relationship moved with Luke. I wasn't complaining. I loved everything there was to love about our relationship. I loved living with him, even if he forgot to put the toilet seat down and I would fall into the toilet at 5am. Even when he left dirty bowls under the bed thinking I wouldn't notice. Even that one time he put too much laundry detergent in the washing machine and it overflowed all over the floor and we had to get it redone. And yes that was only two weeks ago. 

He was the love of my life. 

I was spoiling him for Christmas since he spoiled me for our one year. I had purchased us tickets to Vegas for the day after Christmas since we both had the time off from work. I also got him some new shirts, some new pj pants because I'm sick of waking up to his morning wood in my face, and I got him a new ipad since his other one broke and he hasn't been able to play his games. 

Just as I finished shopping and was heading to get food Courtney called me. 

"Oh my god. Can you come over?" She asked. 

"Uh, yeah. But not for long I have dinner plans with Luke and Ashton." 

"It won't be long just please hurry." She rushed into the phone before hanging up. I then called Luke to let him know that I was going to be a little late bringing dinner home. Courtney and Nick had moved to a house outside of the city so that they could raise a family and the house was beautiful. 

I knocked on the door before she opened the door and pulled me inside. 

"Jesus. What's going on?" I asked taking my jacket off and sitting at the island on a stool. She laid three pregnancy tests down on the counter. I picked them all up looking at her. "Are you serious?" I asked and she nodded smiling. "Oh my god! Congratulations!" I shouted jumping up to hug her. "This is amazing." 

"We just found out." She smiled. "I didn't expect it to happen this soon but I'm so excited." 

"Holy crap. I can't believe this. Does Nick know?" 

"Yeah. He's out getting dinner and probably telling everyone that he's gonna be dad who he sees." She laughed. I looked at the tests that were still in my hand. I remember taking one of these with her and feeling panicked that I was pregnant and now that one of us actually were we could be excited. 

"I'm so excited for you both!" I smiled. We sat around talking for an hour before I really needed to leave or I would be going home to two cranky grown men. I stopped and got the food from Outback that we had all agreed on. 

I pulled in the driveway and found the cat sitting on the top of Luke's car. 

"What are you doing?" I tried to get him to come down. I shook my head before heading inside. "Why is the cat on the car outside?"