If You Don't Know~12

MR. BOOK STORE

CHAPTER 12

MCKINLEY P.O.V 

Getting back to work was strange because Courtney was off on her honeymoon. Nick was taking her to France and I've been getting emails of all these pictures of them kissing and I found it really gross so I sent her back pictures of Luke that I've taken while he was asleep. Luke was busy with work and planning his trip to California, which he tried to talk me out of because he would be busy but I had to check out the offices over there anyway. 

The trip to California would be in a few weeks so I was cramming to get most of my work done now so I would be able to just relax on our vacation but I knew that wasn't going to work out. I had decided to take a trip over to the book store on my lunch. 

I smiled as I walked over to the area where I met Luke and I couldn't help but think about where our lives were heading right now. I didn't know what would happen with me and Luke. Luke had become distant lately and I wasn't sure why but I was telling myself it wasn't my fault. We had gone to court with Sam, who was convicted of assault,breaking and entering, and stalking. Me and Luke had checked the apartment and found that more than ten pair of panties had gone missing. He wasn't happy.

I looked at the new books that covered the shelves and picked one out,reading the back of it. When I didn't find any interest in it, I put it back. 

"Oh, hey." Luke said as he bumped into me. 

"Hey, what are you doing here?" I asked him. 

"I'm buying a birthday present." He answered. My birthday was coming up in May and I really wasn't expecting Luke to get me anything. I assumed he was buying the gift for me. 

"Oh." I smiled. "I'll leave you be then." I smiled kissing his cheek before he pulled me into him. 

"Let's do dinner tonight, my place. I'll cook for you." He smiled and I nodded. 

"I'll be there." I smiled kissing him again. I had debated if I should say that I loved him before I left him but it freaked me out to say it so I left. I grabbed a coffee and a breakfast sandwich before heading back to work where I finished my work for the day before I closed my computer down and headed off to Luke's. I knocked on his door before I heard the dog, Loki, bark and when Luke opened the door she gladly let me pet her head. 

"Hi." Luke smiled kissing me. 

"Hi." He let me in the house before he went back to the kitchen. "What did you make me?" 

"Well, I made steak, inside a baguette with garlic buttery stuff on top of it with homemade mashed potatoes with the cheese in it like you like it." He answered. 

I sat at the table with the wine that he had already set out at the table checking my emails

"How was work today?" He asked as he checked on the steak.