Period.~14

MR.BOOK STORE

CHAPTER 14

MCKINLEY P.O.V 

Luke and I were suppose to be leaving for California in two days  but I hadn't been feeling too well. 

"Luke?" I asked walking into his apartment where he was suppose to be making dinner. I found him sleeping on the couch and joined him. He groaned when I laid on top of him and I snuggled into him. I wasn't really sure what was wrong. 

"Hi." He mumbled. 

"Hi." I mumbled back. He rubbed my back and we both fell asleep for another hour. By the time we woke up it was closer to 7:30 and I could hear his stomach growling as I laid on top of him. 

"Babe, get up. I'm hungry." He whined but I didn't move. I wasn't in horrible pain but I was just sick enough that I wanted cry. "Babe, seriously." I sighed as I got up and got out of his way. I went to lay in guest bedroom checking my emails. "What's wrong?" He asked standing in the doorway with a bowl of food that smelled so much like soy sauce that it made my head hurt even more.

"I don't feel good." I mumbled. I had had a headache for days that I couldn't seem to shake. My stomach felt weird and not like a "I'm going to throw up weird" it was a like i just want to feel weird weird. 

"How can I help?" He asked. 

"You could go get me some Panera." 

"Really? Right now?" He asked. 

"No. I was joking." But I really wasn't. I went back to what I was doing. 

"Well maybe you should go home." I looked at him, he was still standing in the doorway. 

"You don't want me here?" I asked. I was so offended. Luke had never told me to go home, he always offered for me to stay over and sleep in his bed with him. I sat up and put my shoes back on. 

"Of course I do, I just don't want to get sick. We leave in two days." He said. 

"Oh yeah, speaking of that. I don't think I should go." He looked sad when I said it. "It's not that I don't want to, I do. But I don't feel good and I feel like if I go you'll feel bad that you don't spend time with me." 

"I would make time for you." 

"I know but I changed my mind. I don't want to go." 

"Awe." He pouted as I got my coat on. The weather had gotten warmer, thankfully, but it was still cold at night. 

"I know. I'm sorry." I said kissing his cheek and grabbing my purse. "I'll see you later." I mumbled as I left, getting in my car and driving home. I was honestly so offended that he didn't want me to stay with him but I wasn't going to argue with him. I stumbled into my apartment, locking the door behind me and going to my room to change my clothes. 

'You really don't want to go?' He texted me and I ignored it. I really couldn't believe that he didn't want me to spend the night with him. 

*TWO DAYS LATER*

I still wasn't feeling good by the time that Luke was leaving for California so he didn't even want a hug goodbye incase he got sick, but I think he thought my sickness was something that could be passed around but sadly, that's not how pregnancies went. 

I was more than freaked out. My period was over two weeks late and at first I tried to say that it was because I was under a ton of stress. But as the week went on and I never got it, I panicked. So as soon as Luke got on that plane, I ran to the drug store and got a pregnancy test.