3. Friends

Verity

Celeste was nice. A joker. Caring. The things Mr. Soulmate wasn't. And she didn't despised me for being a vampire. She is the friendliest werewolf I've ever met. And one of few I actually did have a normal conversation with. She seemed to be a true friend, something I haven't had during many years. Only Luke and Jay, but they are guys. Being friend with a girl is different.

"You should hate her." Celeste pointed out, pulling her T-shirt down.
"Why?" I asked, looking at her from where I was laying on her bed, my arms crossed behind my head.
"She's fucking your mate, that's why." She stated, pulling her pants up.
"I don't know." I sighed. "Yes, it hurts but rather her than me."

She looked at me like I was stupid. Sometimes I think I am, but not now. I don't want Hunter, I never did. He can fuck millions of females and I couldn't care less. Yet, the bond between us was making me feel things for him. Desire. A strong will to submit to him.

"Your mate is Alpha Hunter, the most handsome Alpha on Earth. He's like, more powerful than the King of Werewolves. He's like the Alphas Alpha. And you, his mate, prefer him fucking others than yourself?" She asked.

I nodded.

"You're out of your mind, Verity." She shook her head. "Everyone likes their mate."
"Celeste, I don't like him." I said while she frowned. "He can gladly fuck around for all I care."
"Guess you and him don't go along." She said, throwing herself besides me.

I shook my head.

"It's hard to go along with someone who hates you." I said, staring at the roof.
"It's-" I trailed off.
"Complicated." She said, staring at the roof as well.

I nodded.

The pain in my core got worser.

"Oh no!" I groaned and buried my head into the pillow.
"What is it?" Celeste quickly asked, sounding worried.
"He's on it." I said bitterly. "Again. For the third time."

She gave me a sympathetic glance and wrapped her arms around me. I froze, not used to this kind of thing. I shook it off and wrapped my arms around her too. I buried my head into her shoulder. I felt sad over the fact that my soulmate was fucking another female. Yet, I knew it was the bond making me feel that way.

"Oh, Celeste. I wanna rip his head off." I said.

She comforted me, hugging me tighter.

"You wanna sleep over here? I would love too if you did." She said.

I nodded.

This is weird but she ain't bad.
.
.
.
.
"Girls, dinner's ready." Celeste's mother, Joanne, yelled.
"Coming." Celeste yelled back.

She dragged me up from the floor after a long and hard pillow fight. And because everyone is asking which one who won, I can gladly inform you that I did, 5-4 to me. It was nice to actually relax for a few hours. I had been tensed for many years, not daring to relax one bit.

We giggled on our way down.

Joanne smiled at us when we entered and we returned it.

"It smells delicious." I said, grabbing a plate.
"Celeste!" Joanne scolded. "Guests first."

Celeste blushed.

"It's okay, Mrs. Oakley." I smiled. "I don't mind if she takes food first."

She shook her head with a smile. Celeste filled her plate full of food, while I only took a little. I sat down next to Celeste. Joanne was on Celeste's left, on the corner of the table.