23. Funny business

Verity

Hunter remained silent during our walk back to his house. I peered up at him, eyeing his tensed back and clenched jaw. He was mad. Like really mad - furious beyond belief. I held back a whimper and begged the Goddess to spare me from his wrath. A big part of me hoped he hadn't heard my conversation with Amado. It would for sure raise some questions I wasn't keen to provide an answer to.

As we neared the house, he abruptly stopped walking. I almost bumped into his back when he did. He took a sniff in the air, finally turning to me as he looked down at me. His anger seemed to wash away as he peered into my eyes. He felt calmer, giving the circumstances. 

"Wha-"

His nose by the crock of my neck shut me up. What's happening?

"Verity?" He said a few minutes later, lips millimetres from touching my skin. His breath ghosted over my sensitive spot and my knees almost buckled underneath me.

"Yes?" I breathed out, trying to focus on anything but his nose pressing against my skin. It was hard though. He kept on sniffing me, breathing in my scent and sighing. 

"Will you ever let me mate with you?"

His question sort off shocked me. I knew he wanted to fully claim me, so his mark would stay on my neck forever. But if we completed the Mate Bond, I would never be able to leave him. I would surely die if I left him after the Bond was secured. 

My eyes suddenly widened. How foolish of me! The increasing of his scent. The hypersensitivity of his touch. His strong, unstable emotions. His sudden mood change. It all made sense.

"Hunter, are you in heat?"

He hummed, softly pushing me towards the wall of the house. I gasped as he placed a tender kiss on the skin right below my ear. My hips buckled against his and I blushed as I felt his hard on pressing against me. Oh Goddess, he's in heat! 

"You shouldn't do that, Verity," he purred. "Might give me some thrilling ideas involving you."

Oh Goddess, was it hot here or what? Just me? Okey. 

It was hot though, steaming almost. My face had never been so red before.

"Hunter," I whispered out.

"Yeah, that's my name." He softly dragged his canines along the front of my throat and I groaned, tilting my head backwards. "You should say it again." 

"You're not thinking straight. Your mind is clouded by your heat and your actions controlled by it. Stop before you do something you will regret later."

He stopped for a second, eyes searching for mine. His eyes were black. This time, he shared the control with his wolf. Oh boy, was I in for a ride or what? Buckle your seat belts, we're in for the mood roller-coaster today. 

"Mate, we have wanted to fuck you from the moment we first saw you." His voice was rawer and a shiver ran down my spine. "There's nothing we can regret from this."

I blushed at his choice of words and looked to the side. He zeroed in on my turned neck. Soon, his lips found a sweet spot on my neck and he made sure to pay lots of attention to it. He sucked and bit at the skin, softly pulling it with his teeth. I groaned and buckled my hips again - purely instinctual. He growled and grabbed my legs, hoisting me up. Without thinking, I wrapped my legs around his hips to make sure I didn't fall. Though that was unlikely since he had me pressed against the wall. 

Hunter smashed his lips against mine, drowning any sound from me. The moan that left my lips were silenced by his. His tongue grazed my bottom lip. I was so disoriented, so high of his touch, that I didn't understand what he wanted me to do. His hands left my hips and he grabbed my ass. I squealed in shock, my mouth falling open. As his tongue entered my mouth, I was a goner. 

My hands cupped his face, pulling him closer as I deepened the kiss. He had started a hunger within me, a hunger for him. His warmth drew me closer. I thrusted my hips forward, earning a satisfied growl from him. A smirk spread over my face. Our tongues battled for dominance and he won. He explored my mouth, licking every crevice he could find. It felt strange, yet surprisingly good. 

He ended the kiss, taking a deep breath before attacking my collarbone. I moved my hands from his face to clutch at his shoulders, a breathless moan slipping past my lips. Holy fuck! Wherever he touched, my skin lit on fire. His warmth spread over my body, heating me up to the point where I felt like I was burning up. It didn't bother me. In fact, it was the opposite. It made me want more. More of his touch and more of the feeling of being warm. 

"Oh, Goddess," I voiced as his lips met my neck again. "Holy mother of fine ass!"

He just grinned against my skin. I swear to Goddess, his lips were heaven on my skin. So light and gentle, yet rough. Pushing me closer and closer to him.

"Fuck, Hunter."

"The things you do to me, Verity," he whispered, his breath fanning over my skin. It gave me goosebumps. 

My nails desperately clawed at his shirt, trying to pull it off so I could explore his body. More skin meant more warmth. And I was hopelessly wanting more of it. To let my fingers roam his broad back, feeling the muscles flexing underneath them. 

I claimed his lips once again. Our teeth clashed, our tongues fought. It wasn't romantic - it was messy and full of sensual hunger. My fingers were in his hair, playing and tugging on the strands. It made guttural growls leave his mouth and he kissed me harder, pushing me into the wall. 

I didn't want this to stop. To hell with my worries, they could be solved later. All that mattered was that he was here and so was I. His touch was all I could focus on. The trail of heat it left. I was high on it and I yearned for more. 

Successfully, I managed to remove his shirt and I raked my fingers down his back. My fingertips examined every piece of muscle they came across, feeling him tense under my touch. He silently groaned and leaned his chin against my shoulder. I relished in the responses I got. He was warm, steaming hot, and I felt it so clearly against my cold skin.

"May I fuck you?" He softly asked, voice drowsy and heavy in my ear. 

I opened my mouth to answer, when someone suddenly pried Hunter away from me. Without his grip, I fell to the ground and my head slammed against the wall. I groaned, clutching my head with my hand. Confusion settled in me. My body was burning up. His touch lingered everywhere, sending tiny shock waves throughout my body. I was shaking, my mind running wild and my fangs aching to be let out. 

What's happening? 

My body was screaming for Hunter, for his touch and those sinful lips of his. I held back a desperate cry. Shiver after shiver shook my body as a sudden heat crashed down on me. I moaned aloud, hoping Hunter would be back and touch me. He did not. My eyes searched for him. He was being held down by five of his pack members. I reached for him, softly moaning his name when another heat waved crashed down on me. His eyes settled on me and his nostrils flared.

"Take her inside and lock the doors," someone shouted while that someone struggled to keep Hunter down.

Directly after the order was shouted, a hand pulled me up from the ground and dragged me inside the house. I fought against the person, desperately calling out for Hunter. My eyelids fluttered closed for a second while I was dragged upstairs. Soon, I was gently shoved into my bathroom and ice-cold water rained down on me. I sank to the floor, trying to ignore the heat crashing down on me as I fell into a dim slumber.

xxx

had my first day at school today after summer break, and all we literally wasted three hours of our life. all we did was listen to the headmasters and take information about the new school year. a total waste. hope you all had a nice break!