9. Drunk

Verity

I stayed in the bath for hours, only stepping out to get more wine and warm the water up. A slam of a door made me grimace as I tossed the bottle on the rug. It quietly shattered into pieces as I leaned my head against the wall. The water was still warm and the bubbles covered me like a blanket. I sighed as I closed my eyes. I could hear him move around downstairs. Irritation and annoyance swirled at his side of the bond while I felt him try to access my mind. I snickered as I kept my block up. A growl ripped through the air as he climbed the stairs.

He yanked the bathroom door open as it fell from its hinges. I opened my eyes as I glanced up at him. He looked around as his eyes fell on the shattered bottles. His eyes darken as he moved his glare to me. I looked up at him as I shivered in the water. His eyes held such intense that I wanted to crawl my way out of the bathtub and sit on my knees in front of him. He clenched his fists while I tried to control this sudden desire for him.

"How many have you had?"

"Dunno", I giggled. "Maybe six or seven bottles."

He sighed as I giggled again. Vampires can get drunk, it just takes four bottles or something. It had something to do with our metabolism or some shit that made us burn the alcohol faster than humans, even faster than werewolves. But once we get drunk, we stay drunk for hours. Due to the fact that the halt of alcohol is so high when drunk, our metabolism stops to burn the alcohol and we become drunk bloodsuckers. And that's why it's illegal for us to get drunk since we will go bonkers and feed on humans all night long.

I glanced up at a frustrated Hunter. His hands were in his hair as he tugged at it, groaning while staring at the smashed bottles. I wonder how soft his hair is. I purred as I moved in the bathtub, sitting up on my knees as I shyly glanced up at him. He refused to look at me as he turned around. I hissed in disappointment under my breath as my fangs flashed for a few seconds before I gained my control again.

"Can you join me?"

"What?" He choked out.

"Can you join me? In the bath?"

"Um-"

"Please, Hunter," I whined like a child.

As on command, he started to take his clothes off. I slide down in the water as I hungrily stared at him. He removed his long sleeved shirt, displaying his muscular back as I made a noise at the back of my throat. He froze for a second before he continued. He unbuckled his belt as he threw it, and his socks, on the floor. I stared at him as he took his pants and boxers off. I smirked. That man has a nice butt. As he turned around, I averted my eyes. He walked over to the bathtub as I moved forward.

"Don't get angry at me later when you are sober."

With that, he slide down in the water. The water slashed around as some drops fell on the floor. He placed his legs at the sides. Once he was still, I leaned down as I turned around. He nearly choked as I wrapped my arms around his torso, leaning my head at the crock of his neck. He slowly placed his arms around me as I smiled into his flesh. I could swear I heard his breath hitch.

"I missed you", I confessed.

"You did?"

I nodded.

I titled my head upwards so I could stare into his beautiful golden eyes. I smiled as I leaned up, giving him a kiss at the corner of his mouth. He froze as I snuggled into his body, the warmth from him making me yawn. My eyes fluttered closed as he ran his index finger over my back, moving it in a pattern as I shivered. Pleasure exploded inside me as I tried to stifle my sudden hunger.