Disbelief

Disbelief: inability or refusal to accept that
something is true or real.

You and the Akio were behind the guild on a plain of grass. You stood opposite each other and stared each other down. Both your faces were serious as you waited for the smirking Max to say something.

"Max come on, this is to far," Marie whined as she stood next to Akira who excitedly ate her ice cream.

"Nope, master's orders,"

"She's not even in the guild yet!" Marie argued,

"Did you hear something Akira," Max asked the happy little girl.

"Wnowpe," she shook her head still with a mouth full of ice cream. Marie waved her hands and sighed in defeat, stepping backwards.

"Okay, Akio and (y/n)!" Max shouted, "go!"

The guild cheered as Akio charged at you almost leaving a dent in the ground as he did so.

You didn't know anything about Akio, his magic, how he fights. You were actually regretting your choice to agree to this battle in the first place.

At first he tried to punch you but that was easy to dodge.

Unfortunately that left you open to a kick in the leg which forced you to jump back and fall backwards in the process.

"Go Onii-chan!" A little voice murmured finally without a mouth full of ice cream.

"Poison God slayers roar!" Akio shouted before activating his move.

A purple whirlwind flew at you making you gasp in shock. God slaying magic? You hadn't heard of that before.

"Max!" Marie shouted angrily, thinking you were going to be hurt from all of this.

As quick as you possibly could, you stood up and unsheathed your hidden sword that was behind your cloak. Your actions so far made Akio flinched, wondering what you were going to do.

With your blade you cut through whirlwind and to even your own surprised came out in harmed.

"How..." Akio mumbled while the guild (mainly Marie) cheered excitedly.

"My turn," you mumbled before charging at him with your sword.

First you aimed for his arm, and in his attempt to dodge he fell backwards on to the ground with a thump.

Your next attack aimed for his right arm while he layer on the floor. Luckily for Akio, he rolled out the way. This gave him time to kick your legs in attempted to knock you over.

You jumped avoiding his kick and lunged your blade at his left arm, not giving him enough time to dodge at all.

The blade pierced his arm making his wince in pain.

"Ah fuck," he grabbed his arm, "alright you win," he chuckled,

The guild cheered as you gave a smirk to the sulking Max.

"Onii-chan!" The mini Akio raced over to her brother and sat by his side.

"I'm alright Akira," he sat up still clutching his arm. "I'll think I'll need some bandages on this though," he gritted his teeth.

"Sorry about that, I can do it if you want," you knelt down to his level.

"N-no thanks," he stuttered, shaking his head, "I'll be fine."

"Come on Onii-chan," The worried Akira pulled her brothers jacket until he moved.

When Akio and Akira where back in the guild hall, Marie rushed to your side.

"That was amazing! Even without magic! Amazing!" She clapped,

"Yeah, it was pretty good," Max shrugged his shoulders.

"So will you let her join the guild!?" Marie jumped up and down with excitement.

"I guess," Max turned his head.

"Yay!" Marie said, "you can be the last person on our grand magic games team!"

"G-grand magic games?" You asked, "hasn't Sabertooth won it every time?"

"Yeah but if we win or not it's a good opportunity to get our guild name out! Which for the record was my idea, not Max's."

This caused you to giggle a bit, "who's the other team members?"

"Me, Akio, Akira, and a girl called Riko, so far." Marie smiled.

"Akira? She's like eight!" You said,

"Nine, and she's actually really powerful, probably more so if her brother wasn't so protective." Marie corrected you.

"Oh, who's Riko then?" You asked,

"She's on a job right now, but I'll introduce you when she's back." Marie finished before grabbing your arm and pulling you inside the guild hall. "Tell me, where do you want your guild mark!"

*********************************

"Rogue, Rogue get up," the little voices owner shook Rogue out if his sleep.

The shadow dragon slayer continued to turn over in his sleep.

"Rogue!" The exceed cried again.

"Huh?" The dark haired Mage sat up on his bed, and looked worriedly at his exceed companion.

"Rogue! You were turning in your sleep again and you scared Fro," Frosch was doing his trademark anime cry.

"Oh, sorry, I was probably having a nightmare." Rogue gave a small smile to the frog causing it to immediately cheer up.

Because who wouldn't when Rogue smiles.

Rogues's red eyes scanned the room around him. It was still dark, which made him wonder why the child like exceed was awake in the first place.

"Rogue," the exceed patted the dragon slayer on the arm, "you keep having nightmares, what are they about?" The exceed worriedly looked up.

"Huh?" Rogue looked at the ceiling and concentrated. "I can't remember." He shook his head in defeat. "Any way it's late, go back to sleep." He kept his emotionless face.

"Fro thinks so too~," the exceed yawned. Before uninvitedly curling up on Rogue's pillow, not that he had the energy to do anything about it. He just laid back down and stared at the ceiling.

Frosch was right, this was the third nightmare this week and the fifth this month. They were making Rogue more tired then usual because he could never get back to sleep when they were over.

The thing was when Rogue woke up, he could never remember what they were about. Many times he had tried to grasp onto the memory but they just faded away.

He remembered on thing and one thing only.

It involved a girl.