Anticipation

Anticipation : the action of anticipating something;
expectation or prediction.

Riko was acting tired, telling everyone that they should of let the injured girl sleep rather than waking her up by barging into the room at three in the morning drunk. Riko had mostly recovered and was doing fine, but was going to play that card for as long as she could.

Akira didn't seem to mind Marie's drunk and loudness at that ridiculous point in the night and, in fact, shared a very weird and childish conversation with her while you and Riko tried to sleep.

"Quit whining," Akio groaned, not swearing in front of his sister.

Riko did nothing but death glare him at his comment, before speaking, "you know a few months ago you weren't brave enough to say something like that, I think someone's had an influence on you." She then turned to death glare you instead, which you responded with:

"Hey, I tried not to wake you up last night, don't turn this on me."

She then nodded at your response knowing she couldn't really be mad at you and your sincerity while drunk.

Marie then piped in, annoyingly not hung over considering the amount she drunk - Riko described this as the power of youth but the guild master of the same age suffered on the stands. "Riko's just nervous! Considering it's the final day."

She went to deny this, but instead glanced away from the group. She wouldn't be alone in being on edge, everyone was.

It wasn't long till the start of the final tournament of the grand magic games, your group had a some tactics but not really, Max would of been a lot more helpful if he'd got out of bed earlier.

The first rule of thumb was:
Don't get out early.

Sounded a bit stupid but you all figured you should pick small fights until a lot of people were out. That way when it came down to anyone from Fairy Tail or Sabertooth there might be more than one of you to fight together, that way you'd have more of a chance.

And obviously, the second one was:
Stick together:

Maybe as twos, or threes, probably not as a whole group. But that way you'd be stronger.

The announcer explained the rules for the audience this time, while your team stayed silent in anticipation. As a group, although you were reluctant to there choice, you would be the leader, if you get taken out five points go to the other team while the rest are only rewarded with one. The logic was, Akio was s-class, but you had beaten Akio so therefore you're the strongest. Although after watching Akio you had decided you had caught him on a bad day, he was really strong. But it seemed Akio showed zero interested in increased bounty above his head and he also figured people would assume he was leader. So it was put down to you.

The crowds were cheering around you, and you could see Marie pick at her nails while glancing at the audience. That... had been a habit of hers since she was a child. You knew that much. She was nervous.

"We'll be fine," you grabbed her hand to stop her with a smile, although you weren't sure she heard you over the cheering. She just smiled back.

"The grand magic tournament!" You released her hand, "starts now!"

Everyone nodded at each other, and ran with their separate groups. You watched Marie and Riko take off with a speed you couldn't even follow and then left with the remaining members of your team.

For a while; you, Akio and Akira focused on silence and discretion. Akira's invisibility magic worked on more then one person as long as you made contact, so Akira sat on her brothers shoulders while you held her hand, strangely she seemed quite happy with this. However she wasn't completely calm. You felt cold blood flow through her tiny fingers whenever there was a loud and unwelcome sound, or how they felt a little sweaty when someone earned a point.