Protect

Protect: keep safe from harm or injury.

Everyone one was on edge, especially you.

The second battle had finished leaving four teams remaining, Purpura Caelem, Crimson Inferno, Sabertooth and Fairy Tail. If it wasn't Fairy Tail vs Sabertooth, more specifically Natsu and someone Vs Sting and Rogue, you'd lost a bet with Akio.

As for your team, you could only hope it wasn't you who went up. You hadn't told any of your team about your missing sword and your aching arm. It was hurting more, before it was numb but now it was painful. As if it was continually being stabbed with 30 needles at a time. You didn't want to be called up.

On the other hand, Marie did. She actually cursed when the last battle was called out, earning herself an innocent remark from Akira.

"Our second to last battle of the day is..." It was obvious what team would be against which, "Marie and Riko of Purpura Caelem VS Jasmine and Itzal of Crimson Inferno!"

A cheer came out of Marie as she physically jumped at the sound of her name. However she was against the Crimson Inferno member who had done literally nothing since the competition had started. Jasmine, you had her magic down to mimicking, but Itzal had done nothing. In fact you had almost forgotten he was was there, whenever you had seen the whole team together he stood in the back, unnoticed.

"Come on let's go!" Marie excitedly dragged Riko from the balcony and down to the arena as both Jasmine and Itzal entered it. Jasmine seemed happy and waving, while the smaller Itzal walked behind.

There were at least two scars on his face from what you could see, and everything else about him was unnatural. His eyes were completely black, no white was were it should of been and a glowing orange dot seemed to be a pupil. It was weird. His hair was not completely black, it was a little red, more in some places than others, and it was all over the place. And to top of this, his skin had no colour whatsoever. No tint of beige or brown. All completely white.

In the arena, Marie was excited, you could see her bouncing up and down and you almost wanted to chuckle. Riko seemed just as freaked out as you were by the boy in front of her who you couldn't even tell the age of.

"The battle starts now!" It was announced and Riko had to stop Marie charging at them.

"Stop and think for a moment," she warned her, "we have no idea what these two do," causing Marie to take the situation a little more seriously.

"No! Make the first move!" Jasmine grinned, her partner said nothing and kept a straight face. "The clock is ticking!"

Riko turned back to look at Marie for a moment, discussing a few things first before eventually attacking the two.

As you had predicted, Jasmine's magic was mimicking. Riko and Marie had less affect when the opponent could move at the same speed as them, even if it was two against one.

As for the other one, he just seemed to stand there the whole time. He didn't move once and every time either Riko or Marie went to attack, Jasmine would some how get in the way. She took all the injuries Itzal should of had and her own, but still managed to keep standing and look unharmed.

Riko was the first to be knocked out, after attempting to turn her attention to the silent half of the pair she had been injured by Jasmine again. This time she couldn't get up from it.

Leaving Marie.

All of you on the balcony watched intently as she seemed to become more determined to win. Focusing on Jasmine she managed to land more hits than before. She should of been out already.