Prepare

Prepare: make (someone) ready or able to
do or deal with something.

"This is such a long walk!" Marie sulked behind you as the present grand magic games team members walked up what seemed to be a never ending hill. Luckily the nine year girl was happily being carried on her brothers back.

"You know when I was nine I was chasing other kids who ran into fires, kids these days get it so easy," Marie continued to complain, you were going to laugh but didn't want to encourage her.

She then called your name, "can I have piggy back too?" The red head looked as if she was on the verge of tears.

"Grow up," Akio whined who was obviously also fed up with the continuos complaining of the speed type Mage. "When we get up here you can sleep all you want at Riko's place,"

"But Riko-chan is such a meanie she never-," Marie began.

"Riko-chan what?" A girl suddenly appeared directly in front of Marie making her gulp and jump back. The girl was taller then Marie, by about a foot and a half. She had here long silverfish hair in one long pony tail that went down to get ankles, she also had a black bow round the top to match she had big thick glasses. She had thin slit like silver eyes but overall her appearance was not that intimidating.

"N-nothing," Marie chuckled readjusting her hair.

"Didn't you used to call me sensei!" The girl who was now leaning in really close to a nervous Marie.

"I didn't know you liked that kind of kink Riko-senpai~" Akio smirked, "I bet-,"

"Onii-chan!" The little girl on his back scolded him while covering her ears.

"Oh hush brat," she stood with her hands on her hips.

You stood there confused while you watched Marie, Riko and Akio bicker while Akira scolded her brother every time he said something rude.

"Um..." You mumbled, wanting to draw the attention onto why the were just standing 3/4 of the way up a hill arguing.

"Oh a newbie," when Riko noticed you she immediately placed her arm against your shoulders, she was taller then you. Which was intimidating, especially when she looked so patronising  looking down to speak to you.

"What's your name kid?" She asked,

"Don't let her fool you, she's only a year older," Akio butted in,

"Um I'm (y/n)," you nodded kind of shyly.

"What brings you to the hill of-,"

"Hatred,"

"Pain,"

"Tiredness,"

"Fatigue,"

Akio and Marie each took turns finishing of Riko's sentence, obviously not as scared of her as you were.

"Well, I'm with them," you pointed to group who were still using one word to describe there individual hatred towards the mountain of dirt they stood on.