Instinct

Instinct: an innate, typically fixed pattern
of behaviour in animals in response
to certain stimuli.

After your brief counter with the Saber Tooth members; you, Akio and Akira began to make your way to the wherever Akira got ice cream around here. You were glad Akio decided to go with you because you had no clue where you were going.

The streets of Crocus were jam packed as usual, it made you think that the ice cream place would be full too. You weren't overly looking forward to waiting in a long line but you had promised Akira.

"It's pretty close now!" Akira patted her brothers head until he took her off his shoulder and put her down on the ground.

She grabbed your hand and pulled you as fast as her little legs could carry her, which wasn't much more then a few large strides for you. With Akio following behind with his hands in his pocket. He hadn't said much, although a lot of the time he was too lazy to speak.

Akira was about to turn the corner, but suddenly she stopped. Her eyes widened and in less then a millisecond she had become invisible. She could still loosely feel her hand still on yours which you decided to grip tighter.

"Akira what is it?" Her older brother stood next to you. You felt the little girl run behind you and her brother.

You could hear footsteps coming from the corner, you braced yourself, although for all you knew Akira might just be afraid of dogs.

It was not a dog that came round the corner, in fact it was the Crimson Inferno team and Kokuzo who wasn't part of the team anymore.

"Oh hey Akio, (Y/n)." He faked his politeness.

"Hi Akira~!" The boy twin waved sadistically, causing the still invisible girl to hold your hand tighter.

Akio didn't reply verbally, but with a little sarcastic wave. You did nothing.

"(Y/n), you know the offer still stands, if you ever get sick of that guild you can join-"

"Just shut up," you rolled your eyes.

"So rude!" The girl who had taken part in the event today spoke. "We were being polite, you know!" She didn't look too offended.

"Your loss," Kokuzo shrugged his shoulders,

"You know we're beating you," Akio hissed referring to the tournament, he wanted him to go away. Especially since the twins scared Akira.

Kokuzo looked at him, raising an eyebrow and tilting his head, warning him.

"Don't pretend you care," Kokuzo laughed, "all you care about is yourself and your little sister who isn't even fully related to you-"

"Akira!" You felt her let go of her hand and heard little feet running away. Kokuzo was definitely going to say more but now felt as if he'd said enough.

"Oops, she ran away," Hikari kept the smile on her face, pointing in the direction Akira had gone in. She spoke with her annoying high pitch voice, just like her brother.

Akio turned around immediately, hoping she'd made her self visible again.

"Kokuzo you shitty bastard I swear to God!" He was clearly angry and panicked, like he always was when Akira wasn't there.

"I think we'll leave you to go find her," Kokuzo gestured for his guild to carry on walking, while Akio ran after Akira, although he didn't know where she had really gone.