Guilt

Guilt: the fact of having committed a specified
or implied offence or crime.

"Are you going to tell us what happened?" Riko asked a little bored, leaning up against the wall.

"No," you answered, the room tensed up.

"Well then," Max stood up and wiped his jeans and moved towards the door, "it's one in the morning, I'm tired and she's not telling us anything," he opened the door and left.

Nobody said anything, Akira was still asleep, Riko didn't seem to really care, Akio was very aware of the awkwardness, and Marie just looked tired. It had been a long day.

Not only had Akio brought you back to your guild, he had told your comrades about the man who and attacked you.

You felt like a child, everyone was asking you questions, and looking at you with not only pity but guilt. As if they had failed.

You didn't know how to feel about that.

Akio looked up and his eyes met with yours, the deep light blue coloured seemed a shade darker. His sighed and stood up.

"Night," he didn't say anything before shutting the door Max left open.

It was silent between the three girls.

"Are you two going to sit there feeling sorry for yourself because I want to turn the lights off," Riko was being her usual insensitive self.

Neither you spoke, you just hummed and made your way to the bathroom.

Marie had bandaged both your wrist and the rest of your arm, you had no clue what was happening to it. You could barely feel it, it was so cold.

You continued to get ready for bed, you changed into your pyjamas and crawled into bed without making eye contact with anyone.

It's not that you hated them, you weren't annoyed with them at all. But it felt too awkward, both sides felt guilty. Why? Did they blame themselves for letting Kokuzo into their life's? You still didn't understand why it was such a big deal. It was such a nightmare.

************

Rogue laid awake. Thoughts rushing through his mind, it was impossible to sleep with so much going on in his head. As well as the fact he was too scared to sleep. She didn't bother him when he was awake, however everything else did. His whole life was nightmare.

Today he had watched Yukine get kicked out of the guild, he saw her in tears and he saw her being abandoned by her comrades. And the unusual thing was that Rogue felt guilty.

Friends? Comrades? A true guild? The concept was still new in his taunted mind.

He thought back to (y/n)'s fight, none of what she did was for herself. Maybe what she did and didn't do was due to her confusion, but she never seemed to think about herself. 

The thought of her magic usually made Rogue sick, even though he had never seen it before it scared him. However she definitely used it today, and even if he had just seen a flashing light... It was beautiful. Seeing it being used in such away, was something Rogue could not be afraid of.

***********

"So who's going?" Akio attempted to break the tension, I'll admit there was a little less tension now that Max was not there, but still a lot of tension.

"I'll go!" Akira volunteered,

"Not you," Akio said, no one commented on his sister's sulky face or his unnecessary overprotectiveness.

Day there's event was called pandemonium, the name didn't give any hints at all. Not that anyone was willing to take that risk for the team, although Riko and Marie would of happily if they weren't so frightened of your opposing guild. Not that there was much to be scared of, Kokuzo kept his side of the bet and was not here today, there was now five people instead of six.

As for you, you were not going up. You didn't want to talk to anyone, and you didn't know why.

"Fine, I'll go." Akio sighed, leaving the balcony and making his way down. The audience he noticed the atmosphere between your guild, the spectators around you seemed to be tense, no one asked what was wrong.

Was he wrong?

The stupid pumpkin began explaining the rules.

100 monsters, kill as many as you can, don't let them defeat you, blah, blah, blah. Easy right.

"All 100 will be my opponent," the Fairy Tail Mage pulling out first (Akio drawing ninth) decided. This got your attention.

Wow, she was desperate to win. Just like Marie and Riko were like, competitive, strong minded, determined.

Apart from the fact that she did defeat all 100 monsters, Fairy Tail really didn't deserve those 'boos' at the beginning of the tournament.

"Wow," she really got your attention, maybe the first time you had made the slightest happy expression in 24 hours.

After that, to decide where everyone else would come using a machine called the MPF. A machine where it tests magic power in one attack, the person with the most magic power comes out top, after Erza.

Crimson Inferno had sent out a girl, long raven hair and she wore an annoying smug smirk on her face. The amount of clothing she was wearing was more then Cana's but less than a lot of the other competitors, although (looking around and seeing the nicer guilds) you decided not to judge simply by the amount of clothing she wore. Her name was Jasmine.

She went second, Milliana got an okay score, although she had nothing to compare it to. Jasmine got.... Exactly the same? Maybe some kind of mimicking magic.

Akio.... Didn't do amazingly, we were a little behind Quatro 'puppy' and Mermaid heel. He came back up a little disappointed, especially seeing Cana break the system right after him.

"Well done Onii-chan!" Akira cheered when he came back up. The disappointment on his face disappeared completely and he seemed happier. Maybe that was the power a close sibling relationship had, something you were missing.

As well as that, the balcony seemed to cheer up due to Akira's cheerfulness, you sighed as Marie and Riko seemed to cheer up as well.

That's child was never upset, maybe scared, controlling, rude sometimes towards her brothers swearing habit, but not sad.

Or so you thought.

Helloooooo, late update sorry.

But I'm almost done the planning for the rest of the grand magic games so now it's out the way chapters should be on time! (But probably not)

Next chapter will concentrate more on Akira and Akio, so maybe less Rogue (or not 😈)

The end of this chapter is a little rushed too. Sorryyyyy.