Fatigue

Fatigue : extreme tiredness resulting from mental or physical
exertion or illness.
or
weakness in metal or other materials caused by
repeated variations of stress.

Previously: It's the final day of the grand magic games! You've already fought Minerva and had an odd and almost insane confrontation with Rogue. Not before you were thrown off the building. You're with Akio right now and can see the creep twins approaching.

Again you were back to back with Akio. Looking around for anymore evil to attack you. It started off with the twins, who explained they followed Akio here.

"I thought you would of defeated them." You raised an eyebrow with uncertainty. At this Akio got defensive, you could feel his shoulders tensing up behind you.

"Hey! They're difficult kids okay... Besides I was worried about Akira!" He shook his head once he was done justifying himself. "The boy, absorbs attacks, the girl fires them back. I learned that at least."

"Did you try splitting them up?" Your words became quicker and frustrated as the twins approached.

"I- no."

You let yourself laugh for the first time in a while, "that's what I was trying to tell you before." Noticing there distance, you raised your sword. "You take the one that reflects it back, I don't think she can do that without her brother absorbing them first. I'll take the boy there won't be anything for him to take from me."

Akio agreed to this, and an the twins finally arrived they spoke.

They noticed you both in surprised. "That's where she went!" The girl spoke in alarm, "you know we didn't actually have anything to do with you vanishing earlier." The boy followed up with a similar comment. "Where did you go? If you want to tell us."

Akio tensed and launched the first attack on the girl, you were forced to follow. Other wise you couldn't successfully split them. "I don't think she's in the mood to talk," Akio growled as (while using as little magic as possible) kicking Kurai out of the way and allowing you guide Hikeran in the other direction.

Hikeran went to avoiding all of Akio's attacks until she realised what he was doing. "D-did you p-purposely split us up?" She seemed to be panicking now, glancing around nervously, you'd taken her brother far enough away.

Akio ignored her, just attempted to attack her.

"No, no, no, you wouldn't hurt a little girl would you."

Akio continued.

"You wouldn't, I'm defenceless."

He didn't stop.

"You wouldn't hurt your sister would you? W-we're the same age, um."

Akio stopped.

Kurai who had been almost been dodging perfectly till this point, looked up nervously. Hoping what she said had got to him, made him stop.

"Look," he sighed. "I don't know how much that idiot told you about Akira and I, but I think he made us sound a lot weaker then we really are. We are not, mentally. We wouldn't be here if your stupid words really got to us."

"B-but your sister was crying."

"Of-course you scared her! You can see her when she disappeared and you quoted my father! You shook her." He placed a hand on his forehead, "but if we were that scarred she wouldn't have come back knowing she would face you, an she wouldn't of stood up to you today. If you think your words are really getting to us I think you're wrong."