Feelings

feelings: an emotional state or reaction.
or
an idea or belief, especially a vague or irrational one.
or
a sensitivity to or intuitive understanding of.

You were trying to occupy yourself, to keep your mind active and away from the last hour of your life. But still found yourself switching between the mindsets of 'poor Akio' and 'welp time to move on'. And your attempt to tidy up was not helping you think of anything else.

You were just about to give up and go to bed when there was a knock on your door, at this hour. It was pitch black outside. Planning out your moves, you edged slowly towards the door.

You looked glanced through the peep hole and sighed, I guess being thrown off a dragon and ambushed in the streets had made you paranoid. You opened the door.

"Hello!! Four people to make you feel better here!!!" Marie stood happily on the other side of your door.

"Four?" You questioned, you counted two people at your door.

"Yeah. Me... Max..." she then held up the container she was holding. "Ben and Jerry!"

You couldn't hold back a laugh and moved out the way to let them in.

"I figured," Marie quick happily strolled into your apartment, already seeming very relaxed. "We haven't all had a proper sleepover since we were like eight. Lets have one today."

"Here???" You asked, "Like right now."

"Yes."

"In my house?"

"Yes."

"Did you want to let me know first."

Marie didn't answer, instead began raiding your kitchen for some kitchen utensils to eat ice cream with. You glanced at Max, who just shrugged and made himself comfortable on your sofa. You didn't really have a problem, in fact the suggestion of a sleep over sounded exciting, and you definitely weren't going to kick them out. You just wished they'd let you know so you could of dragged your spare blankets out of the back of the wardrobe prior to them arriving.

You decided that was a job for later and instead collapsed on the sofa next to Max.

"How do you feel?" He asked.

You shifted uncomfortably for a moment,  then answered very simply. "Guilty."

"Well you don't have to be, it would of been worse if it had continued." Max advised, "Now you can both move on."

You agreed just as Marie returned, instantly changing the tone of the conversation with three spoons and a open pot of ice cream. "Okay! Sleepover, lets eat ice cream and talk about boys."

Me and Max cringed, you quickly responded, "can we not talk about Akio."

"Let's talk about other boys!" Marie promptly changed her statement, then as if she'd suddenly decided there was someone on her mind she wanted to talk about, "and girls."

"That is so girly." Max scoffed, trying to remain cool even though he knew exactly what he was in for when he agreed to come.

"Awww, you don't want in?" you took a moment to tease him, "we could braid your hair while gossiping if you like!"

"I'd rather you didn't."

"Why not? Not up for it Maxine?" You stuck your tongue out, despite the insult Max seemed to throw his head back and produce the widest smile.

"Nobody has called me that since for like eight years." He grinned, filled with nostalgia. He was sent immediately back to the petty and pointless arguments you too would have when you were young. When there was nothing really to fight about, and all you could really do was call each other names for a laugh.