Patience

Definition not available.

It was packed, at the ice cream place, this was anticipated for the grand opening but for some reason you noticed Akio was particularly irritated by this. Akira, on the other hand looked like she couldn't be irritating be anything, not even by another dragon apocalypse. She hopped around excitedly between you and her brother, clinging her fists at an unusual strength for someone so little. She'd made an effort to dress nicely today, in a long mint top and leggings in substitute to her usual shirt and shorts. Her brother, not so much, he was in his usual combat clothes, but it did look like he'd brushed his hair.

You got a table in the outside area, one overlooking the street. The only thing separating you and the passers by were a couple of ropes tied around banisters in each corner of the area. You had a clear view of the cafe on the other side of the street, and the tables outside that too. Not anywhere near as busy as the ice cream parlour you were in.

"There's so much choice!!" Akira screeched, scanning through the menu in the middle of the table, "I don't know what I want to eat!!!"

Akio looked, through the menu himself, with some sort of nervous expression, making an effort to hide his face.

"(Y/n), Akio what are you going to get?" Akira swayed in her seat, just able to stay on it.

"Um, something chocolate maybe?" Akio suggested, he didn't put much effort into his response, knowing his sister didn't really want to know, just wanted to talk more about ice cream.

"Yeah, me too." You agreed.

"Fated, huh?" Akio looked up from the menu for a moment, with what appeared to be a smile on his face but it was a bit distorted, out of nerves maybe.

"Huh?" You did hear him, just didn't quite comprehend.

"Never mind," he ducked back behind his menu again.

It took a couple more minutes of quiet before Akira decided wanted, a sundae, that was a mix of flavours satisfying everything she wanted, she then rushed you and Akio into a decision. Akio went with chocolate and you went with your favourite flavour.

"I better get in the queue to order now..." Akio glanced inside, the queue to order had merged with the line to be seated, causing chaos outside that made your busy pedestrian view seem peaceful.

"I wanna come!" Akira jumped out of her seat, determined to make every moment of the experience count. Her brother was skeptic all about this, knowing his sister did not like standing for long periods of time, he told her he wouldn't carry her if she got bored. Leaving you alone at the table.

Glancing back at the queue again you figured the two would be gone a while, you rested a cheek in the palm of your hand and decided to monitor the passing crowds while you waited. There were untold amount of family's, family's of four, a mother, a father, the brother, the sister; young families with their buggies; older married couples holding hands; young sweethearts with their arms linked like they couldn't be separated. Kids running through the people, small enough to fit through the crowds, giggling, pretending to be mages as they clumsily skipped along the pavement. The course of life seemed to be passing by.

You turned your attention to the cafe opposite, it was dramatically quiet compared to the ice cream parlour, with only one or two people in the outside seating, you could see maybe three or four people sat inside the building. Someone, seemed to be looking back.