0.5

The door opened and then slammed shortly after, a sign that the man had entered the house. It was currently warm and steamy from the cooking in the kitchen and the heat would seem unbearable if you had been in there too long, it was unfortunate for the women standing at the stove cooking an apparent large meal.

"I'm home," he spoke cheerfully, sitting down at the table as if food was just going to appear in front of him.

"Hello dear dinner will be ready shortly," the women turned around to smile at her husband. She was pretty, with dark skin and hair, with an obvious purple tint in it. Her eyes were blue but a fairly dark. Unlike the man opposite her, his eyes were blue too but a lot lighter. His skin was a lighter tone and his hair was similarly dark but lacked the purple.

"Maybe start a little earlier next time, I'm starving," he patted his stomach, he was fairly large but at least half was muscle, since he often trained his magic.

"Yes of course, I didn't think you would be home so early." She made an excuse for herself. Not that she should of had too.

"Where's my son by the way?" He ignored her response.

"I think he may be outside,"

"Training?"

"Perhaps, he didn't tell me," she continued cooking, pouring food into bowls ready to be served.

"At this rate he'll be late to eat," he sighed. "Akio! Akio!" He shouted as if his son would be able to hear him from outside.

"I'll go get him in a moment," she spoke pouring the last of the food into the last and slightly smaller bowl.

Another door, from inside the house this time, could be heard opening and closing. "Father, you're home," the child spoke.

He was only eight years old, turning nine in a few months. His appearance was similar to his mothers, but his features (including eyes) were most similar to that of his father. His purple hair was messy, like usual, and he wore a casual but scruffy t-shirt and shorts.

"Been training?" His father asked,

"A little," by that he meant fifteen minutes.

"I see," he answered, "come sit down and eat."

Akio sat down opposite his father at the table and waited patiently for his mother to put the food down in front of him. Unlike the man opposite, he did thank his mother, when his father wasn't home she would constantly drill into him the important of manors, something that clearly wasn't shown at the other side of the table.

"How was work?" Akio's mother joined in at the table, taking a seat next to her son.

"Same old, guild master things, it's fucking boring," he dismissed it,

"Please don't swear in front of our son," she spoke playfully but meant it, ruffling the boys hair.

"Anyway, I want to know how my sons been doing at training!" He ignored her.

"Well, I suppose," The small boy gave a response, he didn't have anyone to compare it to but his father, and compared to him, he wasn't very good.

"We can test that after we've eaten," he nodded at his sons response, and the table went to silence for a while.

Akio had sometimes thought that if things had gone differently, the outcome wouldn't of been the same. But thinking back, there was no way his father would have kept his passive ways forever. The family wasn't really ever happy in the first place.