Blood

Blood: the red liquid that circulates in the arteries
and veins from the heart of humans and other
vertebrate animals, carrying oxygen to and carbon
dioxide from the tissues of the body.
or
violence involving bloodshed.

"Funny joke."

Future Rogue knocked you to the ground with very little effort, you struggled to get back up. Your legs trembled, followed by your hands and then your faces. You felt like you would cry.

"Just give up."

Despite this you got to your feet, only to collapse immediately onto the ground again. You were trying to fight, stand and not cry all at the same time. It was proving difficult.

"You can just about walk, only one of your arms can do any good, and I'm a hell of a lot stronger than you." Rogue looked down on you, "sit here, be quiet and I might consider prolonging your life by seven years."

After desperately rubbing your eyes, you thought of a half plan; meaning that, most of you was saying 'this won't work, it'll only get you killed,' while minority of your brain said 'go for it'. You listened to the minority.

Quickly, you reached for future Rogues leg, using your magic to burn his ankle.

He winced before shaking your hand off him and kicking you in the shoulder. You could tell you were pissing him off now, his smirky expression was one of the past and it was replaced with anger.

"You seriously have a death wish don't you?" With a sudden burst of aggression, Future Rogue swung his arm at you, grabbing you by the neck. Pulling you to the edge in the process.

Like he'd told you many times before, struggle was pointless, still you found your self clawing at his arms until you no longer had the energy to. Air was running out fast, especially with the panicked gasping you couldn't stop.

"It's funny cos," his expression turned from angry to solemn, "I actually considered sparing you."

He released you as quick as he grabbed you, not waiting around to watch you fall. You only remembered seeing him turn away. The rest of the fall turned to dust in your mind, you'd past out. And you stayed that way for a while, unaware of what happened while you were finally resting.

Rogue knew. Present Rogue watched you fall from the sky.

He'd had his own dragon to fight, like the rest of the dragon slayers. But for some reason, it wouldn't fight back, even making an effort to avoid him. This gave Rogue the luxury of being able to notice loud crash beside him.

Your fall was broken by a tall building that, before it's destruction, could of been a cathedral; as you landed it was demolished by the momentum of you hitting it feet first.

Rogue had no idea, and wasn't exactly expecting, you to fall from the sky, so when he went to investigate, he was extremely surprised. Wearily, he checked the sky for anything else but saw nothing but a dragon that had been flying above his head for a while. Instinctively, he held his hand above your mouth, you were breathing, your soft breaths were faint but still existent. As well as this, he couldn't see any reason to wake you up, you would only feel more pain. He noticed your legs in a tangled mess, bending in unnatural ways, your ankle was almost disconnected from the rest of your body, they were bleeding. Both of them were broken completely.

Besides on your last meeting, you didn't seem exactly stable.

With this in mind, he resulted to picking you up and moving you away from the rubble, hoping to get you out of sight of the dragon that would definitely put an end to your already fragile life. He carried you, supporting your thighs as if they were going to fall off (which Rogue wouldn't of been surprised by) and holding your back, he placed you only a short distance away, separating you from his one sided fight with the dragon.

As soon as Rogue turned back to the beast it had turned its attention to your hiding place. Raising its feet above where you lay and was ready to crush you.

Panicked, he rushed back and pulled you out the way. Once again holding you in his arms.

"Why are you attacking her and not me!" He shouted at it, his calm attitude had dissolved by this point.

"We should leave it as it is Rogue," it avoided an answer, "you cannot gain victory over a dragon."

"Wh-why do you know my name," he shook, mentally trying to reassure himself that he wasn't afraid. This wasn't his nightmare. In fact it was only at this point he noticed that he was holding you, and still you weren't the centre of his fear.

"We have orders to spare, you and only you."

The dragon didn't attack while he held you in his arms, despite his feeling of discomfort. However, he couldn't fight the dragon in this state. He stayed confused for a moment, and looked down at you, still passed out. Your hair had fallen out of its usual ponytail ages ago, it now tickled Rogue's arms, constantly reminding him of your presence. Your face was covered in various cuts and bruises but a small slice along your cheek still poured with blood, frayed ends of your hair were dyed in the liquid. Using his thumb, Rogue gently wiped the crimson liquid away, leaving a red smudge down below it. He sighed.

You weren't that scary after all.

A solution arose not long afterwards, in the distance someone was calling your name, in fact it was a recognisable voice.

"Over here!" Rogue shouted, "she's here!"

The dragon seemed to have noticed the voice to, and focused on killing whoever arrived looking for you. Rogue attempted to get to the voice first, he ran as quickly as he could while still carrying you.

He found Akio just meters away, he seemed to have been through a fight too (like everyone else), he was covered head to toe in bruises that matched the colour of his hair. Upon seeing you, his face turned into one of relief but his cheeks stiffened again after seeing your legs and the person carrying you.

"Quick, take her." Rogue gently placed you in Akio's surprised arms, he choose not to carry you the way Rogue did, instead holding you almost like he would a toddler. "I can't protect her, I have to fight this dragon." Rogue attempt to usher Akio away. "You've got to go, now."

Akio said nothing, just held a sterile face and turned to run away from the scene. For a couple of seconds Rogue watched you go, wondering what had Akio so mad. He returned to the dragon.

"Then, who gave you these orders." He finally asked it, referring to what he'd said earlier.

The scene played out as you remember, the discovery that the antagonist here was none other but his future self caused relentless shaking and the return of that awful headache he associated with his nightmares. It was the truth, and yet he was in complete denial. But the suffering was put on hold, when his friend showed up. Sting seemed 10 times lighter then he should of been, with a dragon following close behind him. 'Yes of course,' he thought.

Should I become stained with darkness, the light would surely kill me.

He smiled at this thought, with his friend safety behind him, reassuring him of this fact just with his presence. And thoughts of you also flickered in his mind.

---------------

Oof this chapter is all over the place but oh well.

Sorry, to those who've been reading from the start, that you had to wait like three years for any sort of romantic interaction between you and Rogue. And it weren't even that good sorry XD