Steps

Steps: an act or movement of putting
one leg in front of the other in
walking or running.

"You alright?" Marie checked up on you as you performed the same piece of magic as last time, except not as powerful. Again, you took deep breaths as the powerful light you created dimmed. You considered not using so much magic at once, but there was no point into it. Especially since only one of your arms could actually manage the energy, the blackening one could hardly move along with your legs.

"Yup, just..." you sighed, "I am going to need a long nap after this."

Riko scoffed, since the previous incident, no one seemed quite as nervous as before, as if your magic had lifted their energy and determination. "A nap? I might just fall into a coma when this is done." Riko laughed at her own joke. But it was an extremely positive thing to say, insinuating that this had an ending and a good one. Phrases like that, inspired you a little.

With rejuvenated energy, everyone, including you, fought back against the monsters surrounding you. But now they fought like this was easy. Perhaps it was the last push forward, humanity's counter against dragons if you will.

In fact, it was not long until it was all over. Not long until you stopped to watch a dragon fall out of the sky and crash into the eclipse gate. The vibration it caused could be felt from where you were, almost knocking you onto your sides. It was like an earthquake, and caused the destruction of even more buildings but for a good cause.

The dragons, big and small, started to fade away, and with this, cheers could be heard through out the city. Including those from your team. A small sigh of relieve, and mixed with a low laugh could be heard from you.

But, what happens to him?

While all of the monsters a dragons return to their own timeline, does that mean Future Rogue will go too?

He definitely did try to kill you, on more than one occasion. But you had so much to ask him. Like, the whole princess thing (you understood but embarrassment lead to a need of conformation), what happens to Rogue for him to end up that way, and most of all why did he try kill you before the games, and then decide to spare you?  You glanced in the direction of the destroyed gate, it wasn't too far away. Maybe he was there, maybe you could get some answers.

No, it was hopeless. By now all the dragons had gone, there was no way you were getting all the way over there in that time. You sighed.

"You okay?" Max asked, noticing you weren't celebrating as much any more.

"Yeah," you answered, "but I think I need that nap now."

He nodded sympathetically, "I think we need to get you some medical help."

You nodded, and let all this fade away into a deep sleep in a tent somewhere in the remains of the city. An all to familiar scene of being hurt after a tragedy, at least this time you weren't going anywhere.

You blinked repeatedly as you got up, adjusting yourself to your surrounding and the strange amount of light. It could of been morning, could of been afternoon, could of been days that's how tired you had been before you'd fallen asleep. Still, light slipped through the tent, making you squint like a baby.

You could just feel your legs, you could see them straight away from you, wrapped up in casts and bandages, you arm also had a fresh set of fabric around it. You could still see the purple under it. So the damage he left was still there, at least now it didn't seem to be spreading anymore.

You glanced around once more, noticing not just Marie (like there had been when you were young) but the rest of your team. Marie leaned over you as soon as your eyes opened, Riko and Akira set at the foot of your makeshift bed while Akio sat on the other side of you absentmindedly. You could see a glimpse of Max at the edge of the tent.