Magical

Magical: relating to, using, or
resembling magic
or
beautiful or delightful in a way that seems
removed from everyday life

You came to not long afterwards. You weren't sure where you were at first, everything was a blur, you couldn't even make out the voices around you, but they were familiar.

You were in a lot of pain, your back ached to the extent you thought your spine was broken (it wasn't), you could feel cold liquid dripping over your face. You couldn't feel anything below your waist, you could just about lift your arms up, but you couldn't move your legs.

"She's awake!" You were certain it was Marie's voice that called, she repeated your name a couple of times. Eventually your vision fully returned and you could see Marie leaning over you with a concerned look on her face. She looked hurt, old wounds from the GMG and what ever was happening now we're visible on her arms and legs. Behind her, you could make out some more people, they weren't facing you but you could identify them as Riko, Max and Akio. And behind them, was the destruction you'd seen from the sky. Buildings had collapsed, glass had shattered and there was the occasional body. People were fighting against these monsters, that shot lasers and attacked. There were many of them, the people were out numbered. "What did you do to get yourself this beat up." Marie laughed, gentles cupping one of your cheeks, you melted into your friends touch.

"I-I'm sorry I ran off." Your voice was extremely croaky, you could just about make out your own words.

"Oh, stop with the apologies!" Max tilted his head to face you, "I'll trust it was important."

You nodded, causing yourself more pain to your back. You were leant up against a damaged brick wall, with you mangled legs sprawled out in front of you, one look at the made you wince.

"You've broken your legs," Marie told you as if it wasn't obvious, "but don't worry, we'll protect you!" She seemed fairly confident, that made you smile a little bit. But still, you felt useless, lying on the ground. Your sword lay next to you, it was pointless when you couldn't walk.

"You're gonna have to catch us up later," Riko grinned at you before turning to fight one of those monsters. The rest of your guild mates followed suit, fighting off as many of the metal dragons as they could and not letting any of them get to you. Frustration began to build up inside of you. As if you couldn't do anything.

But you could. Really.

You had your magic.

But that thought stayed safely in your subconscious, until it was too late.

You watched your team mates fight. Riko and Marie were doing combined attacks, using their speed and gaining enough power to kick and punch the miniature dragons over. Destroying them easily. Max didn't need to pick up any speed, with his enhanced strength he could just punch them and they would fall to the ground. Akio used a mix of attacks to destroy anything he could, he stood the furthest away from you.

You wandered where Akira was, hoping Akio's silence wasn't due to something terrible. Later Marie would tell you that she was evacuated, against her will, Akio didn't want her put in too much danger. For a while, you thought the separation from his sister was what made him so angry looking. You'd forgotten about the coldness he'd usually give to strangers.

It continued like this for a while, you sat there feeling sorry for yourself while everyone fought to get rid of a seemingly endless haul of monsters. Until.

"Crap! Why are there so many here!" Max hissed as he attempted to take two out at once.

"This is," Riko tripped at her speed, the uneven ground was making it difficult for her and Marie. "Overwhelming." She agreed with Max. Her glasses almost slipped off her face, she took it as a priority to keep them on.