Decision

Decision : a conclusion or resolution
reached after consideration.

"You look concerned." One of the twins noted.

Akio was in fact concerned, his comrade had just vanished into thin air, his sister was nowhere to be seen, and he now had to fight these freaky siblings on his own. But he wasn't going to give the child the satisfaction of being right. So he choose to stay silent. Instead he decided to attack the other twin, the one who had fired his own attack back at him. Names weren't important. Even the author can't remember which twin had which power, they're not important characters, they're really just symbols for Akio and Akira's past and how evil Kokuzo is, and let's be honest, y'all here for Rogue so you don't really care either. Either way I'm gonna go re-read the previous chapters and find out which was which.

Surprisingly enough when Akio attacked the female twin, the exact same thing happened. His attack got fired back at him, luckily this time he could dodge it.

He tried the boy, it didn't hit him and instead was fired back at him again by his sister.

Akio found himself getting really frustrated.

"Let me get this straight." He pointed at the boy, Hikari, "you absorb my attack," he then moved his finger to the girl, Kurai, "and you fire them back at me, that's how your powers work."

In the most patronising way possible for two thirteen year olds to an eighteen year old, the twins nodded proudly. Both of them mocking him on how he should receive a gold star for his achievements.

After working this out, Akio now had to think about how in earth he was going to defeat them. He couldn't just hit them until they gave up, because they'd hit him back with his own god damn strength, so it was safe to say he was puzzled. But in no way going to give up.

Meanwhile Akira was sitting around the corner, still invisible, hands wrapped around her legs and head buried in her knees. A position she was used to but hadn't done in a long time. Those twins had brought up some horrible memories, ones Akira would rather forget than suffer, it was natural for her to curl up and cry whenever they resurfaced. The way they repeated the exact words her stepfather had told her, it just made her shiver.

Her brother seemed to be less effected, of course, he had always been less abused than her, not to say he wasn't scarred. He seemed to be able to take the words with nothing but anger for the way they made Akira feel. She was envious of that. His strength was something that could always be admired. Despite everything they had been through, Akira had never seen him break, or fall, or give up; and when Akira did, he was always there for her.

With these thoughts in mind, determination shot through Akira. Her step father wasn't here. Those kids were nothing but an echo of the past, the past that was burning and dying in the ground. For all Akira knew, her step father could be watching this right now, grinning at the scars he's inflicted. Laughing about how easily she gave in. Proud of the way a mere echo of himself made her tremble.

She stood up.

Minerva lunged at you, which you dodged. You hadn't really been given the opportunity to observe her magic since the games started, especially since she only joined late in the games. You could imagine this fight going really wrong. Plus there were the rules that your team mates had set, don't fight anyone bigger than you. It was easy to assume that the woman, the whole of Sabertooth bowed down to, was bigger than you.

It didn't help that she seemed to be luring you away from your original fighting spot to somewhere else. She obviously had something planned, and honestly, you didn't want to deal with it.